A Showdown in Illinois
- Illinois Governor: New Budget Figures Point to a 'Crisis'. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31555, p3
Reports on the pointing out of a crisis situation due to a budget shortfall by the Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich. Options to be considered to overcome the situation; Projections reflected by numbers given by the governor; Ideas in the budget plan contradicting Blagojevich's pledge.
- Blago's big, fat budget crisis begins. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;11/18/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p3
Focuses on the criticism faced by Governor-elect Rod Blagojevich and his financial team due to the budget made by them for the fiscal year 2002. Options faced by Blagojevich and his team to brings solutions for the budget; Suggestion considered by the panel reviewing the budget; State general...
- In Twilight of GOP Control, Illinois Dwells on Its Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31517, p34
Reports on the influence of the way Democratic Governor Rod Blagojevich will handle a multi-billion dollar budget deficit on the proceedings of Illinois's General Assembly that opened for a veto session as of November 19, 2002. Outgoing Governor George Ryan's efforts to leave a balanced budget...
- Illinois Governor-Elect Blagojevich Forms Budget Advisory Committee. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p36
Reports on the formation of a budget advisory committee by Illinois Governer-elect Rod Blagojevich. Responsibilities of the panel; Members of the board.
- Council of Insurance Brokers And Agents Urges Gov. Blagojevich To Veto Budget Item On Licensing. // Insurance Advocate;6/16/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 23, p23
Reports on the Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers' call for Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich to veto the provision added to the budget measure that creates a disparity in licensing fees for non-resident insurance agents and brokers. Increase for resident and non-resident agents and...
- Long list of losers in budget standoff. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;8/6/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p3
The article reports on issues concerning the impact of the failure to pass a new state transportation budget in Springfield, Illinois. It is reported that the failure to pass a new state budget has put commuters, Regional Transportation Authority (RTA), and others in worst condition. The Chicago...
- Illinois' New Governor Facing Major Deficit for 2004. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p3
Reports that Democrat Rod Blagojevich, who was sworn in as the governor of Illinois on January 13, 2003, will have to address a multibillion dollar deficit faced by the state in its fiscal 2004 budget. Governor's concern regarding balancing the budget; Candidates who are being considered for...
- Top Illinois Democrats May Miss National Convention as Budget Impasse Persists. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p5
Reports on the disagreement between Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich and state lawmakers over the fiscal 2005 budget. Areas of disagreement in the budget; Tentative budget agreement reached by the Blagojevich's administration and lawmakers; Factors complicating budget negotiations.
- Guv's taking aim at biz tax breaks. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;2/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the review of business tax breaks by Governor of Illinois Rod Blagojevich to reduce a five billion dollar budget deficit. Plans of Blagojevich to achieve the goal; Exclusions made from the review; Issues concerning the single-factor feature of the state's corporate income tax.