- Who's at risk and why. Travalino, Joy Noel; Francis, Charles K. // Patient Care;6/15/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p28
Reports on racial and ethnic differences in cardiovascular disease (CVD). Death rates of CVD; Profile of patients with CVD; Pathophysiology and complications of CVD; Disease prevention objectives. INSETS: Racial and ethnic minorities: A disease profile.;Blacks and hypertension: Why the high...
- Varicose veins--causes, treatment & help. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb93, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p44
Discusses the development of varicose veins among adults. Varicose veins being hereditary; Statistics on varicose veins among adults; Varicose veins development during pregnancy; Why varicose veins form; Symptoms easy to spot; Self-help tips.
- Cardiovascular disease in China. Cheng, Tsung O. // Nature Medicine;Nov98, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p1209
Reports on the incidence of cardiovascular disease in China. Smoking rates among Chinese; Changing proportions of types of heart diseases in Shanghai, China.
- Cardiovascular. // Age & Ageing;Aug2013, Vol. 42 Issue suppl_3, piii13
The article presents abstracts on cardiovascular topics which include the burden of vascular disease and its risk factors in community-dwelling older people and adenosine testing in unexplained syncope presenting to acute medical services.
- Dietary therapy for preventing and treating coronary artery disease. Masley, Steven C. // American Family Physician;3/15/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p1299
Presents information on coronary artery disease. Relation of diets to the development of the disease; Identification of what should be increased and reduced in diets to decrease levels of lo-density lipoprotein (LDL); Information on other dietary methods.
- Restless-leg respite. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec92, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p28
Describes restless leg syndrome (RSL), which may be linked to vein disease, according to a study by doctors with Vein Clinics of America. Results of study; Possible treatment; More.
- Fair Focuses on Promoting Healthy Hearts. // News India Times;6/21/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 25, p14
The article offers information on the South Asian Heart Fair organized by Advocate Lutheran Hospital in Park Ridge, Illinois with an aim to educate, screen, treat, and prevent the devastating effects of cardiovascular disease.
- The relationship of cardiovascular and psychological... Jette, Diane U.; Downing, Jill // Physical Therapy;Feb1996, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p130
Discusses a study conducted to examine the relationship between health status and the impairments commonly associated with cardiovascular pathophysiology. Medical Outcomes Study's (MOS) Short-Form Health Survey; Method used; Results of study; Discussion; Conclusion; References.
- Ideal cardiovascular health in adolescence is associated with reduced risks of hypertension, metabolic syndrome and high cholesterol in adulthood. Duffey, Kiyah J. // Evidence Based Nursing;Jan2013, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p24
The article discusses a study on the ideal cardiovascular health in childhood and its outcome in adulthood. According to the authors reducing the risk of hypertension, high cholesterol, and metabolic syndrome in adults is necessary to maintain an ideal cardiovascular health in childhood. The...
- Cardiovascular Center pulses success. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;7/29/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p43
Features the Cardiovascular Center for Puerto Rico and the Caribbean (CCPRC). Remarks by executive director Marilyn Perez; Center's opening schedule; Financial commitment; Accomplishments; Provision of Cardiology and Pediatric Surgery Clinics free of charge to nurses; Plans to join forces with...