Medicare: the end of an era?
- Parties ponder their election-year moves. Aston, Geri // AHA News;8/05/96, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p3
Reports on views presented at a hearing convened by Democratic lawmakers to discuss the Republican Party's Medicare plans and to seek advice for the Democratic Party's platform. Recommended changes by Health and Human Services Secretary Donna Shalala; Comments by Spencer Foreman, president of...
- Healthcare history lessons. Mellman, Mark S. // Hill;4/14/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p16
No abstract available.
- Medicare details expected. // Business Insurance;9/18/95, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p2
Reports that the US House of Representatives has been expected to release its legislative details of its Medicare reform agenda.
- Congress will craft new Medicare policy. Gatty, Bob // Urology Times;Feb97, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on possible changes in Medicare policy under the 105th Congress that could affect urology practice in the United States. Protection of the rights of Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in managed care plans to access specialty care and information; Outlawing of gag clauses in managed care...
- $285B switch might remove health hurdle. Young, Jeffrey // Hill;6/25/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 75, p1
The article reports on the budget maneuver considered by the U.S. House Democrats to reduce the headline cost of restructuring healthcare wherein Medicare payments to doctors will be raised as part of the healthcare reform bill.
- GOP senators fight long-term-care plans. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;10/23/95, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p22
Reports on moderate Republicans' and some provider groups' opposition of long-term-care provisions in congressional GOP Medicare and Medicaid reform plans. Senate Medicaid reform legislation that would make the states responsible for developing and enforcing nursing home quality standards;...
- Consumer groups criticize budget plan. // AHA News;06/23/97, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the efforts of consumer groups to urge US House of Representative lawmakers to slow the pace of Medicare and Medicaid reform.
- House plans Medicare hearing. Baker, Sam // Hill;6/9/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 81, p15
The article reports on the plan of the House Energy and Commerce Committee to hold a hearing regarding the Medicare payment board that has been an aim in Republican's attempt to dismantle the healthcare reform law in the U.S.
- HHS trumpets report on Medicare savings. Lillis, Mike // Hill;8/3/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 92, p11
The article focuses on the report issued by the U.S. President Barack Obama administration, which indicates the potential of the Democrat's healthcare reform law to save Medicare and extend the life of the healthcare program.