- ON THE RECORD. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/23/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p8A
The article offers business news briefs in Indianapolis, Indiana, including the budget for the Super Bowl, the agreement between the Indiana Republican State Committee to pay the bankruptcy of Fair Finance Co., and the gift received by Franklin College from school trustee Effie Joan Behrens.
- As foundations cope with losses, nonprofits to take hit. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/30/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p1
The article reports that the nonprofits receiving aid from the local foundations would likely need to look for other sources of income as the foundations struggle with their financial losses in Ohio. Many local foundations are searching ways to reduce their budgets as they tackle the concern of...
- Winning Grants: A How-To-Do-It Manual for Librarians with Multimedia Tutorials and Grant Development Tools. Leman, Hope // Journal of the Medical Library Association;Oct2011, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p324
The article reviews the book "Winning Grants: A How-To-Do-It Manual for Librarians with Multimedia Tutorials and Grant Development Tools," by Stephanie K. Gerding and Pamela H. MacKellar.
- Making a game of personalisation. Taylor, Amy // Community Care;4/8/2010, Issue 1813, p28
The article reports on the use of the 10 boxes of the My Life , My Budget board game at Speaking Up charity in Great Britain. According to Mel Findlater, consultancy and training co-ordinator at Speaking Up, the game fills because many professionals battle explaining personal budget to people...
- Buying Access to Ivy--A Way to Revive Harvard. Halfond, Jay A. // New England Journal of Higher Education;6/4/2010, p3
The author offers a solution for Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, to quickly restore its endowment fund losses. He believes that the precipitous decline in the endowment is substantially impacting Harvard's operating budgets and its people. As such, he suggests re-establishing its...
- Changing the rules. Sullivan, John // American Theatre;Mar96, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the erratic spending measurements of the United States federal government. Funding assurance for the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA); Remarks by President Bill Clinton on funding cuts on performing arts; Establishment of World Wide Web sites by the Theatre Communications Group...
- Showdown over NEA is set up by Senate backers. // Hollywood Reporter;7/20/95, Vol. 338 Issue 8, p7
Reports that the Senate Labor and Human Resources Committee endorsed the saving of the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). Cut on the budget of the NEA; House conservatives' proposed abolition of arts programs.
- Campaign to save adult care grants facing the chop. // Community Care;9/9/2010, Issue 1834, p7
The article reports that campaigners in Great Britain are trying to save adult social care grants from being reduced as there is a general belief that ministers will cut certain grants starting from 2011 to cut the budget deficit.
- Keep a roof over your head in this tough financial climate. // Nursing Standard;10/24/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p63
As the pay freeze starts to bite and the prospect of newly-qualified nurses ever putting a deposit on a home of their own recedes further away, there are some helpful deals for those who search the market.