- New York City donates fire truck to P.R. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;10/24/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p30
Reports on the donation by New York City of a fire truck to the Puerto Rico Fire Department. Absence of fire engine a threat to life and property; Cost of truck; City's efforts to aid victims of Hurricane Hortense.
- New fire Tracks for ELBVFD. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/15/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 37, p7A
A photograph of the ELB Volunteer Fire Department and Burnet Co. ESD #5 which will host a reception on September 8, 2010 to permit everyone to tour the two new firetrucks that the department currently bought is presented.
- Answering the fire bell: Old rig rolls again. Young, Kris; Behler, Mark // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jun97, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p63
Reports on the restoration of the Pirsch horse-drawn ladder fire truck purchased by the fire department of Wenatchee, Washington, in the year 1909. Background on the city fire department's history; Ladder truck's participation in the 1997 Apple Blossom Grand Parade.
- Eagan Downsizes with New Fire Engine. Scott, Mike // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;6/29/2011, p1
The article reports that Eagan, Minnesota downsized with its new fire engine.
- Aurora's trench rescue and structure collapse truck. Schlegal, Kurt C. // Fire Engineering;May96, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p79
Features Aurora Fire Department in Colorado's trench rescue and structure collapse truck. Components of the truck; Engineering; Shoring materials.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Feb97, Vol. 150 Issue 2, p83
Features fire truck deliveries made in various fire departments in the United States as of February 1997. Seagrave pumper with Type I engine for the Redlands Fire Department of California; Boise Mobile Equipment Type III wildland interface responders for the Redlands Fire Department; Pierce...
- Apparatus deliveries. // Fire Engineering;May98, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p128
Describes the fire trucks acquired by various fire departments in the United States. Devils Lake Fire Department's PIERCE pumper; Allendale Fire Department's SUTPHEN Mini Tower; Petersburg Fire Department's Emergency One.
- Apparatus Conversion: From "Scrap Metal" to Rescue Unit. FETTY, DAVID; PETERS, WILLIAM C. // Fire Engineering;Oct98, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p91
Details how the fire department in Morgantown, West Virginia was able to convert their 1978 fire truck in a heavy rescue unit. Features of the proposal; Duration of the proposed project; Vehicle specification prior to the project; Vehicle specification after the project; Total cost of the...
- Adapting apparatus for high-water rescue and evacuation. Hayden, William // Fire Engineering;Jun99, Vol. 152 Issue 6, p8
Features the Lindenhurst Fire Department STORM FIGHTER high water evacuation rig. Capabilities of resisting downed trees and utility wires; Pushing of stalled vehicles from the street.