Pull Over, Please
- Using Simulators for Driver Training. Raheb, Robert // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/9/2012, p4
The article evaluates the Emergency Response Driver Training Simulator (ERDTS) systems for enhanced driver training.
- Stuck in a Storm. Raths, David // Emergency Management;Fall2007, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p44
The article discusses issues surrounding a traffic incident on February 14, 2007 in central Pennsylvania. Reportedly motorists were stranded for more than 20 hours after a mix of ice and snow caused accidents that blocked more than 150 miles on three interstate highways. One issue cited was the...
- In the Blink of the Eye. West, Bruce // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p35
Provides information on the experience of the Elk River Fire Department while responding to an all terrain vehicle accident in Minnesota on August 21, 2005. Administration of care to the patient by the Advanced Life Support ambulance of the fire department; Decision of a personally owned...
- THE PROBLEM OF SECURITY FOR THE DISCONNECTING OF CARS WITH FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS FROM SORTING HUMPS. Kamzina, A.; Abdildin, N.; Aikumbekov, M. // Journal of the University of Chemical Technology & Metallurgy;Dec2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p433
The evaluation of the risk of flammable liquids during an emergency by an integrated index is discussed. Relevant proposals on the possibility of downloading of some flammable liquids, with a stamp "Not down from the hump" from sorting humps are made.
- Always ready to help. // NZ 4WD;Nov2009, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p4
The article provides a citation of what four-wheel-drive (4WD) owners can do to help people specifically during emergency situations. An account of what transpired in an incident which saw several hundreds getting stuck in their vehicles when their path somewhere in the Napier-Taupo road was...
- New Master Driver series programs. // Bulk Transporter;Dec2005, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p54
The article reports that JJ Keller & Associates has included six new training programs to its Master Driver series designed to motivate drivers to improve their skills in routine and emergency situations. The programs include information such as accident procedure, air brakes, coupling and...
- Rally school is driven to a national reputation. Callahan, Kathleen // New Hampshire Business Review;6/17/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p1
The article offers information on the Team O'Neil Rally School in Dalton, New Hampshire. The 560-acre driving school intends to teach students the emergency driving skills or car control techniques necessary to avoid unforeseen obstacles and to keep them safe in unyielding circumstances....
- 2006: Forward Ho! Drickhamer, David // Material Handling Management;Dec2005, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p23
The article provides an outlook for the materials handling and logistics sector in the United States for 2006. The shortage of drivers will continue to affect the domestic transportation sector. The industry need to have emergency plans in response to catastrophic events such as hurricanes. One...
- Driving passions. Thompson, K.D. // Black Enterprise;Nov89, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p89
Profiles four owners of luxury cars. Passion for driving; How they decided which car to buy.