Better honey than vinegar
- The PIO: A position with infinite boundaries. Ruda, Stephen J. // Fire Engineering;Dec98, Vol. 151 Issue 12, p61
Focuses on the role of public information officers (PIO) in the fire department in Los Angeles, California. Emergency situations in need of IPO services; Ability to coordinate with media networks; Reflection of performance on fire department preparedness; Responsibilities within and outside...
- Chicken fried steak dinner to aid 2604 VFD. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/14/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the 2604 Volunteer Fire Department in Whitney, Texas which will host the first of five dinners in 2012 on March 17, in which proceeds will be used for the maintenance of buildings and vehicle equipment and for the training of firefighters.
- Fire department awards winners at Open House. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);10/18/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p4
The article presents information on an event hosted by fire department of Clarendon, Texas on October 13, 2012 and several winners of Fire Prevention Poster Contest were also announced in the event.
- The Duck Method of Management. Maibach, Robert H. // Fire Engineering;Oct2012, Vol. 165 Issue 10, p93
The author discusses the management of fire departments, and ways that allowing the public and government officials to see the struggle of fire fighters could help stop budget cuts during the economic downturn in 2012. Strategic planning for fire departments, delegation of tasks, and public...
- Quality Is the Problem! MARINUCCI, RICHARD // Fire Engineering;Apr2013, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p50
The author offers opinions on fire department administration and management. It is stated that fire chiefs should stress quality of service both in the management of their departments and in communicating with their municipal governments on fire department budgets and personnel levels. It is...
- On-Air Anxieties. Christopher Suprum, S. // Fire Chief;Jun2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p80
The article focuses on the crisis event media interaction of fire departments in the United States. According to the author, the public spokesperson of a fire department needs to be able to communicate difficult information in a way that increases the public's confidence. The media is a ready...
- IAFC releases report on departments' public image. // Fire Engineering;Jul2013, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p44
The article discusses the 2013 report â€œTaking Responsibility for a Positive Public Perception,â€by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Fire and Emergency Service Image Task Force, which looked at measures to improve the public image of fire departments.
- How to Prepare For the 4 Cs--Part 1. Duke, Linda // PMQ Pizza Magazine;Aug2014, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p22
The article offers suggestions on a communications plan for business. It focuses on crisis and catastrophe in public relation (PR) field. Suggestions are offered to create a crisis management team and build positive relations with local police, fire departments, media as well as the health...
- Added Value. BRUNACINI, ALAN // Fire Engineering;Sep2013, Vol. 166 Issue 9, p40
The author offers opinions on management of fire departments and emergency medical services. A need is said to exist for fire departments to evaluate their quality of service in terms of customer services in business, with a focus on what added value a fire department gives to those persons...