Beyond Stop, Drop and Roll
- Fire safety can be child's play. // USA Today Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 125 Issue 2616, p10
Provides recommendations on how to prevent fire-related deaths of children. Provided by the United States Fire Administration; Such suggestions as keeping matches and lighters in a secured drawer or cabinet, or telling children to tell parents if they ever find matches or lighters.
- After Brooklyn blaze kills 7 kids, grief spans an ocean. Heilman, Uriel // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;3/24/2015, p1
NEW YORK (JTA) - Even in a city accustomed to deadly fires, this one stood out for the sheer scale of the tragedy: seven children, ranging in age from 5 to 16, killed in the middle of the night after awakening from their Sabbath slumber to smoke and flames.
- New initiative to help save minority children from fire death. // Jackson Advocate;8/5/2010, Vol. 72 Issue 42, p5A
The article reports on the initiative of the International Association of Black Professional Fire Fighters (IABPFF) to launch a national fire safety campaign that aims to decrease the number of fire deaths of African-American and Spanish-speaking children in the U.S.
- Israel burial for Brooklyn children killed in Shabbat house fire. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;3/22/2015, p1
(JTA) -- A memorial service will be held in New York for the seven children from an Orthodox Jewish family who perished in a Brooklyn house fire before they are buried in Israel.
- Grief-stricken Brooklyn father: My children 'had faces of angels'. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;3/22/2015, p1
(JTA) -- The Brooklyn father who lost seven of his eight children in a home fire called his kids "a sacrifice" to the community.
- The Long Road Back. // Vogue;Dec2013, Vol. 203 Issue 12, p128
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of losing her three children and her parents after a fire occurred at their house before Christmas Day in 2011.
- Safety Awareness: Empowering Students to be Technologically Literate. Lazaros, Edward J.; Shackelford, Ray // Technology Teacher;May/Jun2009, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p5
This article explains that students who are technologically literate can be encourage to collaborate with their parents to make sure that technology and its artifacts in the home are used properly to make the home safer. The Home Safety Council reported that the top five leading cause of...
- 'I had to make their lives matter'. Egan, Nicole Weisensee // People;6/25/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 26, p110
The article profiles Matthew Badger, whose three daughters died in a fire on Christmas Day 2011 at his ex-wife's house. Topics discussed include how Badger is handling his daughters' deaths six months later, the circumstances of the fire that killed the girls and their grandparents, and the...
- Magassas and Soumares say, 'Thank you, NYC'. Mfuni, Tanangachi // New York Amsterdam News;3/22/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 13, p3
The article reports on the fire casualty in the Mali families of Moussa Magassa and Mamadou Soumare, who were living in Bronx, New York City. The fire left five of Magassa's children dead and his wife, injured. The fire also claimed four of Soumare's children and his wife. The representatives of...