The whys behind dividing the funding pie
- MEASURING AND CREATING VALUE IN THE FIRE SERVICE. Frazeur, Don // Fire Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p91
Discusses the process involved fire service budgeting. Importance of having monetary measurement; Highlights of the value measurement techniques; Implementation of organizational model for creating value.
- MARKETING YOUR FIRE DEPARTMENT. // Fire Engineering;Apr2003, Vol. 156 Issue 4, p24
Discusses ways to market and manage a budget for a mid-sized urban fire department. Involvement of staff and other personnel; Energy conservation programs or cost sharing with other fire departments through joint purchasing; Solid projections of income; Allocation of money for maintenance or...
- Fire authorities threaten to sue over capping changes. Wild, Damian // Public Finance;2/24/95, p2
Reports on the possible legal action from two fire authorities against Great Britain's last minute changes in its budget capping rules. Expected rise in precepts of English shires; Criticisms from councils and police authorities against the decision.
- Fire Department budget focuses on staff, prevention. Dewey, Charlsie // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/1/2015, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the budget introduced by the Grand Rapids City Commission in Michigan which includes the support for the Grand Rapids Fire Department.
- Optimism or Pessimism? HALTON, BOBBY // Fire Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p6
The author discusses the impact of the recession to fire service in the U.S. He says that due to budget cuts and falling revenue streams, fire departments must be all ears on the demand and needs of the community they are servicing. He adds that growth is even possible given the economic...
- Leading When Morale is Low. Sievert, Chris // PA Times;Apr2012, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p9
The article offers information on the Deltona Fire Department with 69 operational personnel in Volusia County, Florida. It offers information on the closure of Fire Loss Division and Communications Division of Deltona Fire Department as a part of budget cuts. It mentions that discipline is an...
- Congress approves $750 million for FIRE grants. // Fire Chief;Mar2003, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the U.S. Congress' approval of funding increase for the Assistance to Firefighters Program, also know as the FIRE Act grant program for fiscal year 2003. Administration's proposal to move the FIRE Grant program out of the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Fire...
- The Importance of Explaining Your Budget Needs to the Public. Rielage, Robert // Fire Chief Expert Blog;8/13/2012, p3
The article presents the author's views on the importance of explaining fire department's budget needs to the public in the U.S. He mentions the need to be transparent in a non-threatening way to both the people and public officials. He suggests that fire chiefs must prepare first their facts...
- FIRE Bill is funded at $100 million for FY 2001. // Fire Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the United States Congress' approval of the fiscal 2001 omnibus combined spending bill, which includes funding for fire service programs. Authority provided to the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency to establish an office for the administration of a grant program; Requirements...