Wireless reporting saves time, money for Ohio EMS crews
- The Manageable Future: Envisioning the End State. Heal, Charles S. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Jan2002, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the techniques that provide a means for emergency managers to quickly identify the manageable future without time-consuming and labor-intensive analyses. Fundamentals of planning; Applications of the end state; Identification of the event horizon.
- Nearly 60 organizations come together for Northside tornado relief. Hallman, Charles // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;6/9/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 45, p1
The article reports on the formation of the Northside Community Response Team (NCRT) in Minneapolis, Minnesota involving 60 local organizations for relief efforts after the area was struck by a tornado on May 22, 2011.
- FEMA opens in Trujillo Alto. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;7/25/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) opening of a Teleregistration Center in Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico to receive calls during natural disasters. Features; Views of FEMA director Jose Bravo; Center staffed with bilingual people; Opening of warehouses to provide food and...
- FEMA lends a hand. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;7/25/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p39
Reports on the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) involvement in emergency relief programs in Puerto Rico. Donation to the civil defense agency of Puerto Rico to finance building renovation; Construction of radio-based system used for inter-island communication during natural...
- Congressional Natural Hazards Caucus Held First Session in June. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Sep2000, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p2238
Presents highlights of the first forum on reducing the vulnerability of the United States to disasters, of the Congressional Natural Hazards Caucus on June 21, 2000 in Washington, D.C. Development of an understanding of the value of reducing the risks and costs of natural disasters; Objectives...
- NADRA so far issues 8,21,888 Pakistan Cards rain-hit families. // Flare (Pakistan);1/15/2012, p56
The article reports on the claims of the National Database and Registration Authority (NARDA) that it had issued 8,21,888 Pakistan Cards to heads of the rain-hit families in the nation's Sindh to provide them cash assistance.
- Prevention not response. // Crisis Response Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the need of disaster relief agencies to concentrate on the adoption of cost-effective measures to prevent the occurrence of catastrophic effects of disasters rather than expensive response operations in Geneva, Switzerland.
- This is just a test ... DePoy, Traci J. // Roads & Bridges;Jan99, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on a simulated winter ice storm exercise staged to test the emergency management abilities of Pennsylvania state agencies. Analysis of the responses of state agencies, health care facilities and electric power utilities.
- County flood victims get help. Hosman, Catherine // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/25/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 30, p10A
The article reports on the opening of a disaster relief center in Burnet, Texas.
- Southern China braces for super typhoon. Min Lee // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;10/21/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 249, p14
The article reports on the move of Hong Kong, China to prepare for the coming of the Super Typhoon Megi, which killed 15 people and wiped out crops in the northern Philippines.