John Kaminski wins FAMA scholarship
- COMPANY/ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Aug2011, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p131
The article focuses on the issues related to fire engineering in the U.S. Crash Rescue Equipment Services has decided to sell SNOZZLE and all its patents to Oshkosh Truck Corp. Inc. The Firewomen 2011 event will be sponsored by the Colorado Division of Fire Safety and the Summit County Fire...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Fire Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p56
Reports developments related to fire engineering as of August 2002 in the U.S. Passing of bill authorizing responder initiative by the Senate panel; Awarding of grants by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the United States Fire Administration; Issuance of respirator certification...
- STUCK IN ROUTINE. Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Jan2003, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p220
Presents thoughts related to fire protection engineering. Practice of the ladder placement rules; Usage of a ladder; Details on the preplanning of commercial sector for occupancies.
- News Glimpses. // Fire Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p44
Presents news briefs related to fire engineering in the U.S. as of July 2003. Closure of six Fire Department of New York stations; Incident command system course at the National Fire Academy.
- FOREWORD. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 157, p7
Presents a foreword to the articles published in the June 2004 issue of the "Apparatus: After the Purchase."
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Aug2011, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p130
A calendar of fire engineering events to be held in the U.S. from September to October 2011 is presented which includes the 16th Annual NAEMSE Symposium and Trade Show in Nevada, New Vehicle Technologies with Jason Emery in Illinois and Drive to Survive Seminar in New Jersey.
- Apex at fire safety conference. // Engineers Journal;Dec2006, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p619
A photograph of Apex Fire's Chris Lundy and Henry Armstrong together with Dick Roche of Ireland's Ministry of Environment taken during the Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE) Annual Fire Safety Conference, is presented.
- Fire engineers society adopts NFA course. // Fire Chief;Jul2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the course on performance-based designs offered by the Society of Fire Protection Engineers to its members in the U.S. Collaboration between the association and the U.S. Fire Administration for the program; Difference between performance-based building designs and traditional design...
- NAMES IN THE NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Oct2003, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p201
Reports career developments in the U.S. as of October 2003. Award received by John R. Kaminski; Recognition given to Tim Malone; Honor given to James A. White Jr.