Pennsylvania service calls, 2002
- Cut the bureaucracy. // Telecom Asia;Oct2008, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p40
The article reports on the move of Bihar Disaster Management Minister Nitish Mishra to publicize his telephone number in newspapers and on television (TV) for those who need to contact the organization in India. According to a report from "India Time," the minister has received an average of 200...
- Out-of-hours provider launches telephone triage centre. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;7/18/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p60
The article reports on the telephone triage centre launched by the out-of-hours service provider Vets Now across Great Britain in February 2015 to handle emergency calls.
- No Power, No Phone, No Service. Collins, James // Credit Union Magazine;Feb2007, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p74
The author reflects on some issues discussed at a disaster planning conference held in Washignton. He stated that losing either electric power or phone contacts can result in long periods of disruption for credit union members. He also stressed out a reliable payroll from credit unions during a...
- Automating Calls From Alarm Companies to 911. // Emergency Management;Sep2009, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p19
The article discusses the automation interface being implemented in Richmond, Virginia to report an emergency incident. The system, which is a project of Richmond and solution provider Intergraph, would remove more than 32 million incoming 911 phone calls from alarm-monitoring companies. It...
- Defining System Requirements for New IP Based Incident Management Service - eCall. Matulin, Marko; Mrvelj, Štefica; Bošnjak, Ivan // Central European Conference on Information & Intelligent Systems;9/22/2010, p463
The requirements which new cooperative systems have to meet are the basis for development of new services like Emergency Call (eCall). The realization of the eCall service comprises an introduction of new functionality into the vehicles such as driver-independent V2I (vehicle-to-infrastructure)...
- Phone call to Weldon Spring woman an apparent scam. Korando, Russell // Wentzville Journal;12/12/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 50, pA4
The article discusses the sheriff department's investigation of a telephone call made to an elderly woman residing in Weldon Spring, Missouri that is suspected to be a scam.
- Government to hit nuisance callers with bigger fines. // Computer Act!ve;11/12/2014, Issue 436, p10
The article reports on the plan of Great Britain government to impose penalties on companies bothering people with marketing phone calls and text messages more easily.
- Dial-a-Thon. Smith, Chris // New York;2/3/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the hassles of dialing 11 digits to make a local phone call in New York City. Time wasted in dialing 11 digit numbers; Emotional consequences of dialing additional numbers; Distinction in using an 11 digit telephone number.
- NPPF helpline fields 350 calls. Millar, Susanna // Planning (14672073);6/1/2012, Issue 1935, p5
The article focuses on the 350 calls recorded by National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) in its first three weeks of operation in England.