Rand study: Firefighter protection for threats 'inadequate'
- Welcome to fireEMS. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p6
Introduces the 'FireEMS' magazine in the U.S. Role of fire fighters in providing emergency medical services; Imperative for medical training; Services offered by the magazine.
- Frequent Fliers: The Increasing Burden of Repeat 9-1-1 Callers on EMS. Lacy, David // Fire Engineering;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the problem faced by fire departments over frequent callers on emergency medical services in the U.S. Prevalence of neuropsychiatric disorders among callers; Impact of frequent calling on the psychological state of fire fighters; Need of creating partnership with other agencies and...
- Ga. Fire Chief Proposes EMS Fee. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/6/2012, p2
The article reports Georgia Fire Chief Matt Shobert's proposal for the city to begin charging for emergency medical care (EMC) fee worth 350 dollars every time its fire fighter paramedics attend to a medical emergency or residents could opt to pay a 48 dollar annual "subscription" charge instead.
- Hurricane rehab heads to Pennsville. // Fire Chief;Aug2008, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p124
The article reports that the Pennsville Fire Department has taken delivery of CAT4 hurricane rehabilitation unit in New Jersey. It states that the unit has an optional forward sound proof and airconditioned rehabilitation compartment large enough for five firefighters. It adds that the air...
- An Incredible Event Reminds Us That "The Future Depends on Informed Leaders". Compton, Dennis // Speaking of Fire;Summer2015, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses 27th Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium held April 15-16, 2015 in Washington, D.C. Topics discussed include fire fighters' health and safety, grassroots advocacy and fire service leaders. Other topics such as funding for first responders and community...
- The Fire-EMS Mission: Establishing a Mindset and a Vision. Metro, Michael T. // Fire Engineering;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p14
Provides insights on incorporating emergency medical service mission into fire departments in the U.S. Establishment of target for performance evaluation; Identification of the expectations of consumers; Need of medical training among firefighters.
- Managing Chemical Exposures. Schnepp, Rob // Fire Engineering;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p32
Provides guidelines for fire fighters in providing emergency medical services to victims of chemical exposures in the U.S. Removal of patients from the contaminated environment; Obtainment of material safety data sheet; Determination of lung injury.
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;May2010, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p180
A calendar of events, conferences, exhibits for the fire service scheduled in the U.S. from May to September 2010 is presented, including the Metro Atlanta Fire Fighter's Conference, the 78th Annual Summer Fire School and Midwest Wildfire Training Academy, and CLINCON 2010: Clinical Conference...
- Pa. Departments Look to Reduce Travel Time with Training Complex. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;7/18/2011, p1
The article reports on Adams County, Pennsylvania Volunteer Emergency Services Association's fundraising scheme to develop a training complex to provide firefighter training. It states that the organization is looking develop pre-manufactured facilities at the Emergency Services Building. It...