- Disappointing second quarter sales. // Cabinet Maker;10/3/2003, Issue 5358, p5
Reports on the decline in the sales of furniture and furnishings market in Great Britain. Revision of the figures of the National Statistics for the first quarter; Decline suffered by the household textiles market; Sales performance of floor coverings.
- IKEA aims at college students with 'Freshman Fifteen'. // Home Textiles Today;5/17/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p16
Reports on the launch of a Back-to-College home products, textiles and linen collection by the Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania-based home furnishings retailer, Ikea. Prices; Product categories; Textile products which include cotton twin quilt cover and pillowcases; Furniture items; Marketing and...
- Industry grows to $71.6B at retail in 2003, up 2.7%. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;3/8/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p37
Reports on the performance of the U.S. furniture and bedding retail market for 2003. Improvement of furniture and bedding retail sales compared with 2002; Consumer spending on furniture and bending.
- Declining prices a reason for shrinking share. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;3/8/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p37
Cites the result of a study pertaining to consumer spending for furniture and bedding in the U.S. Decline in the prices of furniture and bedding products; Factors responsible for the drop in the prices of furniture and bedding products; Increase in the imports of furniture.
- Furniture/Today updates estimates. // Furniture/Today;3/8/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p37
Reports on the sales of furniture and bedding products by product segment in the U.S. Home office furnitures; Entertainment centers; Upholstery; Others.
- Sealy keeps lead, Simmons rises to No. 2. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;5/31/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p16
Highlights the results of "Furniture Today," magazine's bedding market share report in the U.S. for 2003. Sealy's success in dominating the market; Shear of U.S. bedding sales for the year; Top 12 U.S. bedding producers, such as Simmons, Serta, Spring Air, Select Comfort and Tempur-Pedic.
- Luxury brands struggle for growth in '03. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;5/31/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p18
Looks at the performance of high-end bedding brands in the U.S. in 2003. Top brands for the year, such as Sealy's Stearns & Foster, Serta's Masterpiece, and Spring Air's Chattam & Wells; Estimated U.S. wholesale bedding shipments.
- About the numbers. // Furniture/Today;5/31/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p18
Highlights the results of "Furniture/Today," magazine's ranking of top bedding producers, according to their 2003 U.S. wholesale bedding shipments. Figures for the 12 months ended December 31, 2003 and 2002; Companies that supplied audited or accountant-verified figures.
- Nothing to write home about. Walton, Matt // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2012, Issue 5771, p26
The article presents an analysis on furniture retail industry in Great Britain in 2011 and the industry's predictions for 2012. The author considers 2011 as a challenging year for the industry, specifically in the home-related sectors. It includes significant changes in teems of consumer buying...