Five Publishers of College Materials Settle Copyright Case in Indiana
- International news. // Book Publishing Report;12/6/99, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p8
Reports on developments in the publishing industry as of December 6, 1999. Settlement of the copyright infringement dispute between Chrysalis and the National Portrait Gallery in Great Britain; Sale of educational publisher Thomas Nelson by parent company Thomson Group.
- Authors, Google Square Off. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/26/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 38, p12
Presents information on the copyright infringement lawsuit filed by the Author's Guild against Google and its Google Library project in September 2005.
- Twenty more years, please. Westcott, Grace // Quill & Quire;Aug2003, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p15
Children and art are the things that endure and have value, author Stephen Sondheim tells us. There are people among us lucky enough to produce some of each. That depends, among other things, on the term of copyright protection the work is entitled to. Canada's copyright legislation needs...
- The case that could change everything. Lorinc, John // Quill & Quire;Aug2003, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p18
What the Supreme Court says this fall about originality and fair dealing will affect copyright for years. There's one point upon which everyone agree, it's going to be a landmark, precedent-setting case, a ruling that has the potential to recast the application of Canada's copyright laws for...
- A TIGHT EMBRACE. Caldwell, Tracy // Information World Review;Dec2008, Issue 252, p18
The article focuses on the $125 million proposed U.S. settlement by Google in its digitisation of millions of out-of-print books for its Book Search project, which will impact on copyright holders worldwide. It is stated that the settlement will fund the creation of a Book Rights Registry, to...
- Vera Bradley Wins Copyright Case. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jan2004, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the settlement of a copyright infringement claim between Vera Bradley Designs Inc., handbag and accessories manufacturer and Studio Imports Ltd. in the U.S. Terms and condition of the agreement; Statement of Vera Bradley, vice president of sales for Mike Ray.
- Using Arbitration to Resolve Intellectual Property Disputes. // BusinessWest;4/17/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 25, Special section p5
The article discusses arbitration, as an alternative process in solving intellectual property cases. Arbitration process improves the quality of the legal proceedings, reduces discovery cost, hastens the decision of the judges regarding the case and promotes structured settlement for both...
- COPIA PRIVATA IN ERA DIGITALA. Popovici, Paul // Romanian Journal of Intellectual Property Law / Revista Romana d;2012, Issue 2, p28
The possibility of unauthorized copying due to the present technological development has become nowadays, part from being seen as an ordinary act, a real testing of the specific legislation. Yet, a too drastical limitation of this action can have as an effect a decrease in people's degree of...
- The Sad Saga and Unfortunate Trend of Plagiarism in Biomedical Journals. Can We Prevent This Global Avalanche? Khan, Zahid Hussain // Acta Medica Iranica;2009, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p249
The author comments on the recurrence of plagiarism in biomedical journals in Iran. He deters those researchers who are exercising plagiarism because he believes that research published in biomedical journals must be impeccable and held to the loftiest standards imaginable. He stresses that...