For Reading First, Most Oregon Schools Pick Houghton Mifflin
- In 20 Largest CA Districts: Pearson In K-5; Houghton Edges TCI in 6-8. // Educational Marketer;2/5/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the school districts which begins to purchase K-8 science textbook under the state's adoption in the U.S. The survey shows that about 300 districts statewide, about 100 postponed their orders. The Pearson Education leads in K-5 followed by a strong showing from Hartcourt...
- Florida 2004 K-12 Math Adoption. // Educational Marketer;1/17/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p3
The article presents a tabular representation of total shares of various publishers of mathematics books. Some of the publishers included are Harcourt, McGraw-Hill, Pearson Education Inc., Houghton Mifflin Co. and so on. Their total shares are 29.3%, 27.3%, 25.3%, 3.6% and 4.5% respectively....
- Ala and you. // American Libraries;May88, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p395
Focuses on a demonstration project being developed by the American Association of School Librarians (AASL), the Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) and Houghton Mifflin Co. Goal of fostering a long-term cooperative relationship among public and school librarians, teachers, school...
- Houghton Mifflin Seeks To Gain Textbook Market Share In 2004. // Book Publishing Report;5/24/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p3
Announces the plan of Houghton Mifflin Co. of introducing programs in elementary social studies and science. Discussion of the company's strategy; Percentage sales of the company earned from selling to schools; Sales of the company in other sectors.
- Reporting Results of the Standardized Testing Program to Parents. McCauley, John H. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Sep62, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p56
The article focuses on reporting results of the Standardized Testing Program to parents. The elementary schools served by the writer are in a county system which administers the California Test of Mental Maturity, Primary Form, to all second grades and Elementary Form to all fourth grades. The...
- Social-Studies Texts Face Renewed Challenge in L.A. Vote. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;2/20/1991, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p8
The article informs that the Houghton Mifflin Co.'s new K-8 social studies texts are facing a barrier from the school board of Los Angeles, California. This week the board was scheduled to vote on whether to allow individual schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District to buy the books....
- Prize Winners Published. // Publishers Weekly;8/28/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 35, p24
Reports on the partnership announced by the Bread Loaf Writers Conference of Middlebury College and Houghton Mifflin to publish the winners of the Katharine Bakeless Nason Prizes. Background of the Bakeless Prize; Details on the imprint of Houghton's Mariner.
- Houghton Mifflin lands Illinois online contract; looking for more RFP's. // Electronic Education Report;09/02/98, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p4
Reports on Houghton Mifflin Co.'s contract with online curriculum providers in Illinois. Creation of Illinois@Education Place; Terms of the contract; Other services awarded contracts by Illinois.
- Houghton Mifflin ships first abridged adult title. Sweeting, P. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/89, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p49
Report on Houghton Mifflin Audio's introduction of abridged readings of adult books.