- D.C. Mayor's Proposal May Revive Stalled Redevelopment Project. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/25/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32140, p4
This article focuses on Stalled Redevelopment Project. District of Columbia Mayor Anthony Williams has submitted a new draft development agreement that gives the District Council more say in how the old Washington Convention Center site downtown will be redeveloped, a sign that the stalled...
- D.C. keeps big project moving. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/27/98, Vol. 241 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on the plans to build a convention center in Washington D.C. in 1998. Area of the proposed center; Legislations related to the project; Design of the building.
- Companies study D.C. `Illinois House'. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/11/93, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p70
Reports on plans to establish an Illinois House on Capitol Hill in Washington, District of Columbia. Use of the Florida House as a model; Holding of a meeting among representatives of Illinois firms.
- Capital idea. Littman, Larry // Travel Agent;8/8/94, Vol. 272 Issue 3, p54
Reports on a proposed convention center to be built in Washington D.C. Implications of proposed center on tourism industry in Washington D.C.; Statistics on visitor arrivals in the city. INSET: City facts..
- D.C. authority seeks trustee in convention center deal. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/12/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30391, p1
Cites barriers to District of Columbia Convention Center Authority's plans for a new convention center. Lack of a trustee to help structure the transaction and lockbox arrangement; Negotiation of a maximum price contract for the center's construction; Community opposition to the proposal.
- Housing Expo Attracts First-Time Homebuyers. Collins, Sam P. K. // Washington Informer;6/26/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 37, p4
The article focuses on the sixth Annual DC Housing Expo and Home Show that held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Northwest, Washington, D.C. on June 21, 2014.
- D.C. center now wants at-risk CM. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/24/97, Vol. 239 Issue 21, p18
Reports that the Convention Center Authority in Washington, D.C. has rejected design-build bids for its new convention center. Search by authority to use an at-risk construction management contract; Project cost; Funding options for proposed center; Speculation as to reason for authority's...
- Wrangling with D.C.'s Coordination Monster. Post, Nadine M // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/13/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on construction processes of Washington Convention Center (WCC) in Washington. Area of the center; Amount of materials used for its construction; Reason why the WCC authority compressed the job's timetable from five to four years.
- S&P: D.C. Convention Center Bonds Not in Danger. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p4
Reports the initiative for having a sufficient dedicated sales tax revenues for the debt service payments for the constructed convention center in the District of Columbia. Percentage level of the dedicated sales tax revenues for the convention center bonds; Adequacy of the debt service...