- Bill Regarding Contractor Integrity Introduced in House. // Contract Management;May2002, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p54
Introduces the legislative bill requiring contractors with the federal government to possess a satisfactory record of integrity and business ethics in the U.S. Determination of prospective contractor with satisfactory record of business ethics; Focus on the administrative agreement; Inclusion...
- Nobody wanted Prop. 200 except the people. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;11/8/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p5
Talks about the controversy regarding the issue on Proposition 200 in the U.S. Reactions expressed by the opponents; Benefit offered by the proposition on people who are permitted by law to get them; Effect of allowing non-citizens to vote on what benefits they get; Solution to all problems for...
- DETAIL UNANSWERED IN FOFA DRAFT LEGISLATION. // Charter;Oct2011, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the Future of Financial Advice (FoFA) draft legislation which was released by the federal government in September 2011, following the 18 months of consultation among the government, industry stakeholders, and regulators, which provide legislative details on FoFA measures.
- Is RTI being surreptitiously diluted? Sinha, Soni // Sahara Time;8/10/2013, Vol. 11 Issue 532, p12
The article informs that the Indian government is planning to pass a bill regarding the Right to Information (RTI) law.
- PROGRAM FOR HOUSING. // America;7/6/1946, Vol. 75 Issue 14, p302
The author talks about the problem of inadequate housing in the U.S. He says that millions of U.S. citizens living in crowded, substandard and indecent quarters need to be provided with decent shelter, otherwise, the situation will pose a serious threat to the physical, intellectual and moral...
- 'Order-order' hurdle. RAMASESHAN, RADHIKA // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);12/16/2015, p6
The article reports about the Rajya Sabha chairperson, Hamid Ansari, request for the perfect order in the house during the passing of goods and services tax bill and adds how he had dimissed of Indian Parliamentarians who had broken rules earlier during the passing of the women's reservation bill.
- Government Amends Controversial Lokpal Bill. // India -- West;2/8/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 12, pA38
The article presents information on the Government of India that has amended the controversial Lokpal bill.
- MOVES TO PROVIDE FEDERAL MEDICAL CARE. // Congressional Digest;Jan1962, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p2
Presents a historical background on the contribution of the U.S. government to the medical care of aged, orphaned, sick, and handicapped. Establishment of the Bureau of Public Health Service by the U.S. Congress in 1912; Development of the Social Security Act in 1935; Amendment of the Railroad...
- WASHINGTON FRONT. Parsons, Wilfrid // America;6/7/1952, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p264
The article discusses the compilation of several measures that are pending in the Congress and is has impacted the District of Washington. According to the article, the legislation covers everything that any municipality would deal, which includes regulating corporations, pre-marital...