- Hospitals hold conflicting views on certificate-of-need legislation. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p3
Examines the reform of the certificate-of-need legislation for hospitals in Michigan. Benefits of the legislation for hospital systems; Disadvantages of the legislation; Approval of the Senate Bill 1436 to reform the legislation; Conditions of the certificate-of-need legislation; Features of...
- N.J. legislators push for stronger oversight, yearly reviews of hospitals. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;09/07/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30720, p3
Reports on New Jersey legislators' push for stronger oversight and yearly reviews of hospitals in the state. Closing of the Memorial Medical Center; Development of a criteria for early warning system.
- Who backs H.R. 1556/S. 839? // AHA News;7/23/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 29, p6
Presents a list of people who co-sponsored the United States American Hospital Preservation Act. Authors of the legislation; Aim of the legislation.
- Grassley sponsors bill for rural, small hospitals; gives full market basket. Brown, Steve // AHA News;5/20/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the May 2002 introduction of U.S. legislation that targets relief for rural and small urban hospitals. Basis of the legislation; Components of the legislation; Legislator who introduced the bill.
- Lawmakers push for more controls on for-profit hospital conversions. Figura, Susannah Zak // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the efforts of legislators in the United States to push for more control on the conversions of not-for-profit-hospitals. Impact of the conversions to public health; Proposed requirements for better control of conversions.
- `Financial considerations' provoked patient dumping, activist charges. Cassil, Alwyn // AHA News;12/22/97, Vol. 33 Issue 49, p5
Relates the results of the report on hospitals' alleged violation of the law prohibiting patient dumping in the United States. Financial considerations of patient hospitalization; Law forbidding hospitals to delay screening or treatment of emergency hospital patients.
- Troubles for JOAs. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;04/17/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p3
Reports that a ruling by a federal judge in New York has called into question the motivation of two hospitals in Poughkeepsie, New York, St. Francis Hospital and Vassar Brothers Hospital, that enter into joint operating agreements. Findings of the judge; Facts on the case; Arguments issued by...
- A Seismic Shakeout? Haugh, Richard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Apr2000, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the legislation passed by California legislators, which requires all hospitals to withstand earthquake and maintain uninterrupted operation by 2008. Overbedding problem in hospitals; Challenges faced by hospitals in complying with the law.
- Pending bill requires merged hospitals to preserve services. Kwiatoski, Debbie // Hudson Valley Business Journal;07/06/98, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p26
Provides information on the pending bill that would require merging hospitals in the United States to preserve all of its health services. How the Americans responded to the issue; Provisions of the bill; Status of the bill.