- Company notes. // Modern Healthcare;6/6/94, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p44
Presents news items on the United States health care industry. Negotiations between HealthWise of America and Commonwealth Physicians Services Corp.; Rating of Moody's Investors Service on Herman Hospital; Comprehensive Care Corp. stockholders' approval of a reverse stock split.
- Doctors' bad dream. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;08/28/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 36, p2
Discusses the financial challenges faced by physicians who own and operate the Columbus Community Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. Assets and liabilities of the hospital as of December 31, 1999; Amount owed by the company to creditors; Reason that Mount Carmel pulled out of the merger talks with the...
- A successful operation. Galloro, Vince; Piotrowski, Julie // Modern Healthcare;6/3/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p28
Discusses the results of a hospital systems survey in the U.S. Hospitals included in the survey; Description of the performance of not-for-profit hospitals; Information on the operating margins of for-profit hospitals; Factors that contribute to the improvement of operating income.
- LARGEST HOSPITALS. Lee, Natasha // San Diego Business Journal;2001 Book of Lists, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p94
Presents charts depicting the ranking of hospitals in California as of the year 1999. Contact information; Data on the total operating expenses; List of specialty services.
- A conversation about hospital financial woes. // Journal of Business (10756124);2/10/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, pB5
Presents a discussion regarding financial concerns of hospitals in Spokane, Washington. Financial performance of hospitals; Solutions developed for health-care inflation; Efficacy of technology used in health facilities.
- A new perspective on hospital financial rational analysis. Zeller, Thomas L.; Stanko, Brian B. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov97, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p62
Describes a concise set of critical financial measures describing a hospital's major financial characteristics by using the statistical technique of factor analysis. Financial ratio analysis of hospitals in the United States; Six financial characteristics of performance defined in the study;...
- Drive to make hospitals profitable. // Finance Week;03/17/2000, Rating SA's Health... p11
Focuses on the drive to make hospitals profitable in South Africa. Case of Gauteng's health department; Fight against fraud and corruption; Public-private partnership.
- 1996 tracking trends. // AHA News;8/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p4
Presents key hospital and health care indicators in the United States as of April 1996. Full- and part-time personnel; Inpatient admissions; Outpatient visits; Number of surgical operations.
- Measures of success. Hrickiewicz, Mike // Health Facilities Management;Jan2012, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p2
The author shares his views on how health facilities professionals in the U.S. are failing to demonstrate to administrators the role of data in reinforcing their decisions, as well as in improving the overall quality and financial situation of the hospital.