- Oct. Payrolls Rise; Jobless Rate Down. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/10/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31758, p2
No abstract available.
- FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING. // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;10/18/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p3
Presents facts on business and economic situation in the U.S. Percentage of employees who have used their business e-mail to send sexual material to colleagues at work; Identification of the greatest innovations of the last 75 years and their respective rankings; Total value of all merchandise...
- ECONOMIC ACTIVITY AND INACTIVITY. // Labour Market Trends;Nov2004, Vol. 112 Issue 11, ps56
Presents a tabular representation of the economic activity and inactivity in Great Britain in terms of age between 1996 and 2004.
- Chapter 5: Key Sectors. // China Business Forecast Report;2006 4th Quarter, p41
The article provides information on the key sectors in China that will help in the economic activities and economic developments in the country in 2006.
- Identifying turning points in Chile's economic growth. // OECD Economic Surveys: Chile;Nov2005 Supplement, Vol. 2005, p36
Provides a summary of a technique developed for identifying turning points in Chile's economic growth based on a probability law that governs shifts from high- to low-mean regimes using a Markov switching process. Description of the economic indicators used; Presentation of the probability...
- ISM Index Rises To 62.5 in March. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31855, p2
Highlights Institute for Supply Management data showing an improvement in U.S. economic indicators in March 2004.
- The not so worldly philosophers: why mainstream economics can't be green. Nadeau, Robert L. // Synesis: A Journal of Science, Technology, Ethics & Policy;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 1, pT:3
The economic theory that serves as the basis for coordinating economic activities in the global market system and for implementing economic solutions for environmental problems is neoclassical economics. In economic textbooks, the creators of this theory are credited with transforming the study...
- Economic overview. Penm, Jammie; Thompson, Neil // Australian Commodities;9/ 1/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p455
The article reports on the global economic overview. It notes that the world economic growth is expected to moderate to 3.7 percent in 2011. It mentions that the primary driver of global economic activity is the emerging economies particularly China and India. It cites that Australia's economic...
- Economic activity picked up in. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/26/2014, pA02
Economic activity picked up in July, according to the Chicago Fed National Activity Index, which touched +0.39, up from +0.21. The 3-month average rose to +0.25 from +0.16 and was the 5th straight month above zero, an indication that economic activity is above the long-term trend.