- FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING. // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;10/18/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p3
Presents facts on business and economic situation in the U.S. Percentage of employees who have used their business e-mail to send sexual material to colleagues at work; Identification of the greatest innovations of the last 75 years and their respective rankings; Total value of all merchandise...
- Reised data put economy in better light than before. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/1/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 52, p32
Discusses issues related to the economic activity in Indiana. Decline in payrolls at the state's manufacturing facilities; Misleading information concerning employment; Graphs showing economic indicators in the state.
- LI ECONOMIC INDICATORS. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/17/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 40, p8A
Presents charts depicting the economic indicators in Long Island, New York as of the second half of September 2004. Number of companies that have filed for Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy from the years 2003 and 2004; Identification of the rates for a 30-year mortgage from July to September...
- ISM Index Slips To 56.8 in Oct. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32002, p2
Reports on the growth of the overall economy for the month of October 2004 in the U.S. Performance of the manufacturing sector for the month; Stability in new orders and production; Decline in order backlogs.
- Gujarat Rakes it in. Gopalan, Krishna // Business Today;2/11/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p30
The article focuses on the investments received by the Gujarat state from several companies in India. Accordingly, the state has received investment commitments from some of the biggest names in the country, moreover, the investments will be spread across sectors ranging from special economic...
- Municipal Prices Follow Treasuries Down Following Unfriendly Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/10/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31758, p2
No abstract available.
- CHARTING THE ECONOMY. // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;10/18/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p3
Presents graphs depicting the economic situation of Nevada as of October 18, 2004. Gross gaming revenue; Number of housing permits tallied; Average daily auto traffic.
- Identifying turning points in Chile's economic growth. // OECD Economic Surveys: Chile;Nov2005 Supplement, Vol. 2005, p36
Provides a summary of a technique developed for identifying turning points in Chile's economic growth based on a probability law that governs shifts from high- to low-mean regimes using a Markov switching process. Description of the economic indicators used; Presentation of the probability...
- The not so worldly philosophers: why mainstream economics can't be green. Nadeau, Robert L. // Synesis: A Journal of Science, Technology, Ethics & Policy;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 1, pT:3
The economic theory that serves as the basis for coordinating economic activities in the global market system and for implementing economic solutions for environmental problems is neoclassical economics. In economic textbooks, the creators of this theory are credited with transforming the study...