Palmetto Chief: Hospital CEOs Must Be More Involved in Markets
- Palmetto Health's vision care offers kids a brighter future. // AHA News;8/22/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 17, p7
Interviews Kester S. Freeman Jr., chief executive officer of Palmetto Health in Columbia, South Carolina, to discuss the Vision Health Initiative of Palmetto for children with undiagnosed vision problems. Reason for spending resources on community service; Response of the community to the...
- PNC Capital Markets Head Fired. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31431, p1
Reports the termination of chief executive officer Kerry Kearney of the PNC Capital Markets in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Reduction of profits; Investigation of the Securities and Exchange Commission on the accounting and record keeping process.
- NO CAPITAL CRUNCH FORESEEN. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;03/05/2001, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p14
Presents the views of chief executives in the Americas, Europe and Asia on the fate of the capital markets in 2003. Economic factors associated with capital markets.
- Does Relevance Influence Reporting about Environmental and Intangible Success Factors? -- Empirical Results from a Survey of Executives from Intangible-driven Industries --. Günther, Thomas W.; Beyer, Dirk; Menninger, Jutta // Schmalenbach Business Review (SBR);Dec2005, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p101
Within the recent years standard setters and users such as the capital markets have increased their demands for developing external reporting towards a holistic business reporting. First of all, adequate consideration should be given to intangible resources, which many believe are the most...
- Banc One Looks Over Its Walls for Byrne Replacement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/04/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30884, p3
Reports on Banc One Capital Markets Inc.'s search for chief executive officer. Replacement for F. Gerald Byrne; Reasons for the resignation of Byrne; Changes in the firm's capital markets group.
- JFQ volume 49 issue 3 Cover and Back matter. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Jun2014, Vol. 49 Issue 3, pb1
The article presents a list of papers accepted for future publication including "Capital Market Efficiency and Arbitrage Efficacy" by Ferhat Akbas, Will J. Armstrong, Sorin Sorescu, and Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, "CEO Narcissism and the Takeover Process: From Private Initiation to Deal Completion"...
- BEST BETS FOR BARGAIN HUNTERS: BANKS, INSURERS, RETAIL. Glenn, Brandon // Crain's Chicago Business;10/8/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p4
The article presents an interview with Mitch Kovitz, chief executive officer (CEO), Kovitz Investment Group LLC. When asked about recent surge in the U.S. stock market, he says that the recent rise has been due to he nature of the companies that make up the index. Kovitz says that Mega-cap...
- Refco struggles with history lesson. Brierley, Sean // Finance Week (Centaur Communications);10/26/2005, p12
Focuses on the scandal faced by the Refco Capital Markets Ltd. in Great Britain. Citations on how the chief executive Philip Bennett has manage to acquire loan to his own company; Response of finance directors with regards on the same scandal; Information on the interesting aspects of the Refco...
- 11 CHARLOTTE MCLAUGHLIN. // American Banker Magazine;Oct2014, Vol. 124 Issue 9, p80
The article focuses on Charlotte McLaughlin, president and chief executive officer (CEO) at PNC Capital Markets Inc., who has been listed at No. 11 position between 25 most powerful women in finance by the October 2014 issue of the American Banker Magazine.