N.Y. Tobacco Deal Rated by S&P, Fitch
- MARYLAND: Howard Co. to Sell $112M. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p9
The article reports on the issuance of the Howard County, Maryland with a $111.6 million of general obligation bonds in a competitive transaction scheduled to price on February 12, 2008. The deal of the county has received a triple-A rating by Fitch Ratings Ltd., Moody's Investors Service Inc....
- Hays CISD's bond rating upgraded. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);7/23/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 16, p1D
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. and Standard & Poor's Corp.'s ratings services have upgraded Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD's) bond rating from "A" to "A+" in the 2008 series bonds and all outstanding bonds.
- Fitch Puts N.J. on Negative Watch, Citing Deficit: $19 Billion Affected. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31591, p5
Reports on the degradation of New Jersey's ratings by Fitch Ratings Inc. Factors that led to the state's degradation; Criticism of the rating agency by the state governor James E. McGreevy and Treasurer John McCorniac; Views of analysts from several rating agencies on the state's ratings by...
- Hollywood Loses Luster. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/22/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33587, p9
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has reduced the rating of Hollywood, Florida's general obligation bonds from A-plus to A in September 2011.
- Gulf Coast on Watch. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32216, p1
Reports on the move of Fitch Ratings Inc. to place the states of Louisiana and Mississippi on negative rating watch. Citation of the agency of the severe impact of Hurricane Katrina on these states; Decision of the agency to follow the move of other agencies; Notification of the states of the...
- Washington County, Md., Upgraded, Affirmed Ahead of $25 Million Deal. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p28
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrade and Fitch Ratings Inc.'s affirmation of underlying credit ratings for Washington County, Maryland in advance of the country's competitive sale of $25.5 million in general obligation bonds. The rating on the county's $129.4 million of...
- Sri Lanka's Ratings Debut. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/12/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p9
This article reports on the foreign currency ratings of BB- and B+ individually assigned by Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's (S&P) to Sri Lanka in 2005. It was the first sovereign ratings obtained by the country. The S&P ratings is four levels below investment grade and on equivalence with...
- N.Y.C. Sets $850M Debt Sale for Next Week. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p36
Reports on the plans of the New York City to sell tax-exempt fixed-rate bonds. Rating of New York City's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's.
- HealthEast Upgraded. Sields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31828, p31
HealthEast Inc.'s credit inched closer to investment grade when the financial rating company Standard & Poor's Corp. upgraded it to BB from BB-minus and tacked on a positive outlook. The hospital system's $200 million of bonds were sold by the South St. Paul Housing and Redevelopment Authority,...