Richardson Cries Victory After New Mexico Lawmakers OK $1.6B Package
- New Mexico Expects Strong Demand for $135 Million GO Sale. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/4/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31566, p30
Reports that New Mexico will sell 134.8 million dollar of general obligation bonds in the second week of February 2003 under Governor Bill Richardson. Legislative measures which Richardson expects to get implemented; Projects approved by voters in November 2002; Maximum life for which New...
- Arizona, New Mexico Governors' Tax-Reform Efforts Break Down. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31785, p29
Focuses on the plan to rewrite the tax codes in Arizona and New Mexico. Acknowledgment of the tax reform; Failure of the tax code reform of New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson; Exemptions in sales taxes.
- NEW MEXICO: GRIP II Gets House OK. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32580, p9
The article reports on the House of Representatives' endorsement of New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson's package of more than 100 bond-backed local transportation projects including work at the state's spaceport. The legislation authorizes the New Mexico Board of Finance to issue up to 250...
- New Mexico Democrats Redraw Roadmap for Bond Issuers. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31618, p44
With Democrats firmly in control of the legislative and executive branches, New Mexico is changing its approach to public debt by loosening restrictions on some bond issuers while channeling funds from others toward critical needs. Governor Bill Richardson, one of the nation's most powerful...
- New Mexico Governor OK's $4.4B Budget, $372M of Projects. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p29
Reports that Governor Bill Richardson signed New Mexico's budget into law and approved legislation authorizing bond-financed projects across the state. Budget for fiscal 2005; Cash reserves; Signing of a legislation eliminating state gross receipts taxes on groceries and health care; Promise of...
- NEW MEXICO: Richardson Boosts Spaceport. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/24/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32905, p9
The article reports on a sales tax increase in Sierra County, New Mexico to provide additional funding for the Spaceport America in New Mexico from an initiative by Governor Bill Richardson. Voters in the county approved an additional 0.25 percent sales tax on April 22 that will support local...
- New Mexico Lawmakers Send Capital Outlay Budget to Governor. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/14/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32586, p27
The article reports on the 2008 capital outlay bill sent by New Mexico Lawmakers to their Governor Bill Richardson on March 12, 2007. The outlay bill features the call for the state to spend $622.1 million from severance tax bond proceeds and non-recurring general fund collections. Olivia...
- Martinez Proposes $180M for Highways, More Money for Education. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34245, p1
New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez urged lawmakers to set aside $180 million for highway bond projects over the next three years while cutting business taxes and boosting spending on education.
- Voice of reason. Sanz, Cynthia; Podesta, Jane Sims // People;8/7/95, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p61
Features Representative Bill Richardson, personal envoy of President Bill Clinton. Role in the release of Burmese dissident Aung San Suu Kyi; Working relations with Clinton; Personal background.