Florida's Tourism-Backed Debt Riskier, But Industry Is on the Mend, Fitch Says
- CALIFORNIA: Long Beach Looks Stable. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32482, p35
The article reports on the outlook revision of Fitch Ratings for Long Beach to stable from negative on the city's outstanding lease obligations worth $54 million of tax and revenue anticipation in the U.S. Fitch gave a rating of F1-plus to the Trans and confirmed an A-plus rating for $429...
- Fitch Upgrades Pittsburgh to BBB, Citing Approval of 2005 Budget. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32061, p5
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. upgraded Pittsburgh's debt to an investment-grade BBB from BB yesterday largely because the City Council last month approved the 2005 budget for the long-struggling city. Towards the end of 2004, city officials voiced concerns that Pittsburgh would run...
- Upgrade Is A Boost For New Britain. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;10/24/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34599, p1
The article reports on the improvement in the Fitch ratings for New Britain, Connecticut city, in light of the benefits of revenue-raising measures, significant cost cutting and $3.5 million of savings from a roughly $60 million debt restructuring. S&P Global Ratings in January 2016 raised New...
- Deerfield Beach, Fla., Lowered by Fitch, While Other Municipalities Worry, Too. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31412, p3
Reports the reduction in the designated debt ratings for the outstanding general obligation bonds of the city by Fitch Ratings company in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Increase in the spending pressures and delays by city commissioners; Decline in the fund balance of the city; Debt rating assigned...
- State's Debt Burden Among Highest in U.S. // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/9/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p27
The article reports that a study by Fitch Ratings Ltd. revealed that one of the U.S. states which has the highest debt burden is Connecticut as percentage of personal income.
- Fitch Upgrades Richmond Utility Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31404, p35
Report of the upgrade of the outstanding utility debt of Richmond by Fitch Ratings in Virginia. Cash flow needs for capital project in fiscal 2003; Success of the city in cleaning up the James River; Compliance of federal environment regulations.
- Chicago's Holy Cross May Drop Into Junk. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p5
Reports the announcement of warning on the debt status of Holy Cross Hospital by Fitch Ratings company in Chicago, Illinois. Inability of the hospital to recover ongoing operational losses; Debt rating designated to the hospital.
- Fitch Drops Rating, Outlook on Florida Hospital's Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p4
Reports on a downfall in the rating of debt owed by the Boca Raton Community Hospital in Florida by credit rating agency Fitch Ratings Inc. Factors that contributed to the downgraded rating; Effect of the downgrading on revenue bonds issued by the Palm Beach County Health Facilities Authority;...
- Fitch Downgrades $3.4 Billion of Los Angeles Debt. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/20/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33302, p20
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has downgraded 3.4 billion dollars of debt in Los Angeles, California from AA-minus to A-plus due to the failure of policymakers in the city to balance its budget and plan to drain its general fund reserves.