Bill Seeks to Exempt Some Water, Wastewater Plants From Limits
- Bill Would Exempt Private Water-Plant Debt From Cap. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32117, p5
Reports on the introduction of a bill by Representative E. Clay Shaw Jr. (R-Fla.) aimed at excluding privately owned water and sewer facilities from the volume cap for private-activity bonds in the U.S. Citation of the Investing in Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Act; Proposal for the...
- But at least he didn't malign their character. // Common Cause Magazine;Summer95, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p10
Presents Representative E. Clay Shaw's statement defending federal welfare reform.
- Waivering. Serafini, Marilyn Werber // National Journal;1/11/97, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p66
Reports on the proposal of E. Clay Shaw, chairman of the US Congress Ways and Means Subcommittee on Human Resources to examine welfare programs which received federal waivers. Concerns about delay in work rules; Suspension in work requirements; Reversal of food stamps provisions; Emphasis on...
- A Social Security Privacy Bill Planned. Heller, Michele // American Banker;5/23/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 99, p6
Reports on the plan of Representative E. Clay Shaw to introduce legislation that will prohibit private companies from selling Social Security numbers except under limited circumstances. Prevention of banks from distributing information; Provisions of the bill.
- Shaw vs. Roberts. // Human Events;7/1/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 25, p17
Features Representative Clay Shaw (R.-Fla.) and Palm Beach County, Florida Commissioner Carol Roberts. Chances of Shaw in the 2002 elections in Florida; Career background of Shaw and Roberts; Information on other politicians in the state.
- The Monster from the GOP Lagoon. Murdock, Deroy // American Enterprise;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p58
Analyzes the Archer-Shaw measure for Social Security reform in the United States, sponsored by House Ways and Means Chairman Bill Archer and Representative Clay Shaw. Provisions under the bill; Its significance.
- FINDING A WINNING TUNE. Cooper, Matthew; Tumulty, Karen // Time;9/23/2002, Vol. 160 Issue 13, p46
Reports on the battle between Democrat Carol Roberts and Republican Clay Shaw for a position in the House of Representatives. Controversial advertising; Struggle over the terms of debate; Effects of the Democratic prescription-drug campaigns; Importance of economic issues; Trends for the midterms.
- The Oxford Debating Society it's not. // Common Cause Magazine;Summer95, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the invectives hurled by Representative Maxine Walters against Representative E. Clay Shaw. Assertion of the belief that there are many responsible welfare recipients.
- Shaw vs. Klein. Shaw, Clay // Human Events;8/21/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 28, p21
The article offers a look at the political rivalry between Republican Clay Shaw and Democrat State Senator Ron Klein in the 2006 Congressional election in the 22nd District of Florida. Shaw notes his opponent as against to any tort reform which he claims unreasonable because such reform is a...