Muni Yields Rise Five Basis Points; Wisconsin Offers $250 Million Deal
- MBTA to Sell $262M of Sales Tax Bonds, Unwind Swap. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;6/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32400, p44
The article reports that the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) is expectant that it will be able to sell senior sales tax bonds worth $261.7 million on June 12, 2006. The MBTA is also set to receive over $5 million as it exits a swap agreement with Bear Stearns and Co. in 2006....
- Illinois, N.J. Kick Off the New Year With, Yes, More BABs. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;1/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33243, p17
The article reports that the Build America Bonds (BAB) dominated in the municipal bond market for the first week of January 2010. It notes that the biggest deal was the 3.47 billion general obligation BAB sale in Illinois which will be used to fund the pension obligation of the state. Also...
- Bonds to build London projects. // Rail Business Intelligence;8/5/2004, Issue 227, p6
Reports on the decision of the British Secretary of State to authorize Mayor Ken Livingstone of London, England to raise funding for public transport projects in the city by issuing bonds. Remarks of Jay Walder, managing director of finance & planning at the Transport for London (TFL),...
- Investors See More Narrowing. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;2/26/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33867, p1
The article offers information on the concerns of the U.S.-based municipal bond investors regarding the tightening market conditions regarding credit spread. It also mentions of Hugh McGuirk, head of municipal investments at T. Rowe Price Group Inc. regarding his comments on the municipal bond...
- N.J. Issuers To Refund $2.4B of Debt. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;12/23/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32036, p1
The article focuses on New Jersey and two of the state's authorities which are planning to ring in the New Year with three separate refundings totaling about $2.43 billion. State officials have been aggressively pursuing refunding opportunities in the municipal market in the face of a budget...
- Market Post: Competitive Issuance Jumps Next Week. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;6/16/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34126, p1
The article reports on the competitive Georgia general obligation (GO) bonds deal for 1 billion dollar that was divided into five parts ranging from 325.4 million dollars to 13.8 million dollar. It mentions the upcoming sales of issuances which include 900 million Texas Department of...
- Some Bond Trends Reverse, Others Continue Downward Slide in August. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;09/01/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30967, p49
No abstract available.
- Shelby County, Tenn., to Use Extendible Note Structure Again. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31025, p3
Reports on the plan of Shelby County, Tennessee to issue extendible municipal commercial paper notes. Capital outlay program of the county; Provision of interim financing for county and school system capital projects.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p28
Presents statistics pertaining to municipal bonds in the United States as of December 28, 2000. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Futures market; Reoffering yields; New-issue balances; Visible supply rises.