Fuel-Tax Hike Worth $2 Billion Dropped From Energy Legislation
- AAA-Rated Utah Swaggers Into Market With $348 Million Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/12/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31158, p3
Reports the deal to finance the Legacy Parkway construction by the Bloomberg Terminals and Thompson Parity, a division of the Thompson Municipals Group, in Dallas, Texas. Amount of the general obligation debt for the construction project; Connection of Davis County to Salt Lake City; Rate of...
- Not Quite Full Circle. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/12/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31158, p1
Reports the bond deal of the Northwest Parkway Public Highway Authority in Dallas, Texas. Management of George K. Baum & Co. and Bear, Stearns & Co. on the deal; Inclusion of senior lien and capital appreciation bonds on the insured portion of the deal; Schedule of the toll-road project...
- FINAL STAGE OF NT'S BIGGEST ROAD CONSTRUCTION TO START. // Building Economist;Sep2012, p3
The article reports on the funding agreement between the Australian federal and Northern Territory (NT) governments that will go into the final stage of the road-widening of a 12-kilometer section of the NT's Tiger Brennan Drive between Berrimah Road and the Darwin Central Business District (CBD).
- Dubai to tender Palm Deira metro deal. Foreman, Colin // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/29/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 35, p15
The article reports on the preparation of Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) to issue tender documents for a consultancy contract to design two metro lines and a tram system serving Palm Deira in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The two metro lines connect Palm Deira with the Red and Green lines,...
- Georgia gov. endorses Savannah port highway. // Roads & Bridges;Jun2011, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p18
The article reports that Georgia Governor Nathan Deal is endorsing the construction of a highway to improve access to and from the Port of Savannah.
- Growth spurt in Sahuarita. Woodburn, David // Inside Tucson Business;9/27/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p28
The article reports that Southern Sahuarita in Arizona, is growing up fast. In fact, that growth will make Granite Construction Inc. of Tucson busy over the next year after being awarded a pair of road-construction projects to run simultaneously, working in the vicinity of Duval Mine Road. The...
- North East highway deals move forward. Warner, Brian // Contract Journal;7/13/2005, Vol. 429 Issue 6533, p13
Reports on contractors for the early contractor involvement roads deals. Value of the British Highways Agency project; Division of the North East Package B deal into two schemes; Concern of contractors on the deals.
- Qatar-Bahrain causeway deal signed. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/16/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 24, p22
The article the reports the closing of the deal between Doha, Qatar and Manama, Bahrain to build the causeway between the two countries. In line with the project, the two companies also agreed to establish a special purpose company to implement the scheme. The deal was signed on June 11, 2006...
- Washington report. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Feb94, Vol. 208 Issue 2, p16
Features news and developments concerning legislation on the electric power industry in the United States. Implications of marketing competition among electric utilities; Merging of interest groups of the nuclear industry.