PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- HarpersCollins Holding Lead In Children's Bestseller Lists. // Book Publishing Report;4/18/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the distinction of HarperCollins Children's Books as the number one publisher of the "New York Times" children's list, in the U.S. List of popular titles published by the company such as "The Princess Diaries"; Rank of Simon & Schuster Inc. which has published "Kira-Kira," by Cynthia...
- Simon & Schuster Interactive, alive and kicking at age five. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p18
Focuses on book publisher Simon and Schuster's interactive division. Financial performance of Simon and Schuster Interactive for the years 1997 and 1998; Titles of publications of the division.
- New S&S imprint to distribute foreign titles. // Publishers Weekly;4/26/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 17, p12
Reports on book publisher Simon and Schuster's establishment of its new imprint Simon and Schuster International. Company's plan to distribute books from its British and Australian operations under the imprint.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;12/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p3
Presents the New York Times bestseller ratings scorecard of publishers. HarperCollins; Scholastic; Simon & Schuster.
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;7/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p6
Presents news about executive movement in the U.S. book publishing industry as of July 2002. Simon & Schuster's Sales and Distribution Division; Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing.
- Atria to Publish the Book on Cool. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p5
Reports on Atria Books' plan to publish a book on what is cool. Topics to be discussed on the book; Target readers for the book.
- International news. // Book Publishing Report;11/15/99, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p8
Reports on news in the international book industry recent to November 15, 1999. Increase in revenue sales of Book People; Appointment of Angelo Loukakis by Simon & Schuster Australia as publishing director.
- Simon & Schuster will skip 1997 ABA convention. Milliott, Jim; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;7/29/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the decision by executives of Simon & Schuster not to attend the American Booksellers Association (ABA) 1997 convention in Chicago, Illinois. Business realities behind decision; Regional shows' impact on how company sells its books; ABA's comment on Simon's plan not to attend;...
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;2/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the appointment of Jennifer Suitor as director of publicity for the Simon Spotlight Entertainment imprint at publisher Simon & Schuster Inc. in the U.S. Career background.