Chronicle Books Does West Coast Strut
- Editions du Seuil, Chronicle Team Up. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 18, p14
Deals with the joint venture formed by Chronicle Books with French illustrated books publisher Editions du Seuil. Titles to be published by the venture; Views of Chronicle president Jack Jensen on the venture; Background on Editions du Seuil.
- Chronicle Books to Form Own Sales Force. Farmanfarmian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;2/28/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 9, p10
Reports that Chronicle Books will introduce a group of in-house trade representatives to market some publishing companies. Reason for its introduction of representatives; Changes to be made to the Chronicle by the introduction.
- Chronicle opens East Coast office. Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;10/20/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 43, p16
Reports that Chronicle Books of San Francisco, California has opened a sales and marketing office in New York City. Operation of the office by Matty Goldberg, formerly with HarperCollins; Reasons for the decision; Comments from Jack Jensen of Chronicle.
- Now, a Literary Surprise. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;12/17/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 51, p20
Presents information on Chronicle Books, a publisher of illustrated books. Popularity of the books 'Griffin & Sabine' and 'The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook'; Plan to publish literary fiction in 2002; Advantages of the company over other publishing firms.
- Bourgois joins Seuil in Paris. Lottman, Herbert R.; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;6/27/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 26, p14
Reports on the merger between publishers Christian Bourgois and Editions du Seuil. Merger specifications; Distribution of the Bourgois list by Seuil.
- D&Q signs with Chronicle. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Nov2002, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the book trade and distribution agreement between the Montreal, Quebec-based micro-press, Drawn and Quarterly Co. and the U.S.-based distributor, Chronicle Books Co. Details of the agreement; Book trade; Implications for the book distribution and trade.
- Collaboration Is Key at Chronicle Books. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p58
Provides information on Chronicle Books, a publishing company in San Francisco, California. Book development process of the company; Significance of the company's editorial board meetings to its employees; Work environment.
- Move, title changes part of new look at Chronicle Books. Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;1/6/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 1, p13
Considers Chronicle Books' move to its new home in downtown San Francisco as symptomatic of changes inside Chronicle as well as in its market position. Comments of Jack Jensen, president and publisher, who is celebrating 20 years with the company; Jensen's management style, emphasizing...
- All Together Now. Penttila, Chris // Entrepreneur;Aug2007, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p92
The article focuses on the move of Tropics Entertainment, a video publishing business, to look for other entrepreneurial companies in an effort to compete with other big businesses in the U.S. Greg James, founder of the company, saw a market opportunity in Baby Einstein-dominated children's...