WRC Media Adds Consumer Business Unit
- As Part of Its Growth Strategy, WRC Media Adds Consumer Business Unit, Revamps Executive Suite. // Electronic Education Report;10/24/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the move done by New York-based supplemental curriculum and assessment publisher WRC Media Inc. to expand its operation. Purpose of the company's expansion of its operation; Creation of WRC Consumer and Sponsored Publishing unit; Reorganization of the company's executive suit.
- WRC Media Reorganizes Properties To Increase Its Competitive Edge. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p6
Reports the reorganization of subsidiaries into operating units by WRC Media in New York. Rationale of the organization; Status of CompassLearning and American Guidance Service Inc. under the reorganization plan; Classification of Weekly Reader and World Almanac Education to Reference and...
- WRC Media Reorganizes Into Two Units, Reports First Quarter Earnings. // Electronic Education Report;05/09/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p4
Reports the reorganization of WRC Media Co. in New York. Purpose of the reorganization; Merger of the WRC acquired companies; Details the decrease of first quarter company earnings.
- Ripplewood's Reader's Digest Acquisition Brings Changes to WRC. // Electronic Education Report;4/6/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the changes brought by the acquisition of Reader's Digest Association Inc. by the parent company of WRC Media Inc., Ripplewood Holdings LLC, in New York. One of the changes was the formation of a consumer business services unit that brought together Reader's Digest's book...
- Soft Funding Leads to Staff Reductions at WRC Media. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 14, p10
Reports on a decrease in the total revenue of educational publisher WRC Media in 2002. Causes of the decline; Net loss posted by the publisher; Decision of WRC to downsize its workforce.
- WRC Media Adds Consumer Business Unit, Revamps Exec. Suite. // Educational Marketer;11/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the reorganization move of New York-based supplemental curriculum and assessment publisher, WRC Media Inc. Reason behind the firm's move; Businesses operated by WRC in the K-12 area; Executives added to the company's management line-up.
- Only Weekly Reader Posts Increase as WRC Media Revenue Declines. // Educational Marketer;2/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p5
Analyzes the financial performance of New York City-based K-12 supplemental publisher WRC Media for 2003. Decline in revenue; Company's effort to pursue new financing to help it meet its financial expectations. INSET: WRC Media Financial Results(1) Year End, Ended Dec. 31, 2003 ....
- $145M In New Financing Lifts Financial Burden At K-12 Supplemental Publisher WRC Media. // Educational Marketer;4/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the acquisition of a multi-million dollar senior second-lien credit facility by the K-12 supplemental publisher WRC Media Inc. in New York. Improvement of the liquidity of the company; Impact of financial covenants on the cash position of the company; Benefits of the proceeds for its...
- WRC Media Prepares For Tough Period. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/1/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 48, p9
Reports that the supplementary educational publisher WRC Media has instituted a headcount freeze for the remainder of 2003 to cope with what company CEO Martin Kenny called a challenging funding environment. Decline in total sales at the company for the third quarter of 2003; Factors which...