Treasury Adds Reporting Provision to Forestry Bond Measure
- To truly `save the environment,' greens must learn to trust people more and cling to power less. Chase, Alton // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/24/97, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p17
Focuses on the congressional issue concerning a bill called the Quincy Library Group Forest Recovery and Economic Stability Act. Creation of a pilot project that would protect surrounding national forests and threatened species; Fight sparked by the proposal between environmentalists;...
- Tropical Forest Conservation Act signed into law. // Wood & Wood Products;Sep98, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p14
Reports that United States President Bill Clinton signed into law the Tropical Forest Conservation Act of 1998 on July 29, 1998. Provisions of the Act; Its purpose; Benefits that the Act offers.
- Two bogus bills. // Earth Island Journal;Winter97/98, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on the Interior Appropriations bill signed by President Bill Clinton and the Quincy Library Group bill pending in the US Congress affecting the conservation of forests in the United States.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;8/13/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33763, p4
A table is presented which lists several legislation in the U.S. including Community Forestry Conservation Act of 2011, Sustainable Water Infrastructure Investment Act of 2011 and Indian Country Economic Development Act.
- Costa Rica: Committed to Conservation. Castro, Rene // World & I;Nov98, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p65
Focuses on the environmental policies of the Costa Rican government for the protection of their natural forest timber. Information on the forests of Costa Rica; Measures that replace several government environmental programs in the mid-1990s; Four environmental services addressed by the 1996...
- NEW MOVE TO PROTECT ANCIENT FORESTS. // Audubon;Mar1991, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p143
Reports on a U.S. legislative proposal that would protect national forests. Declaration of forests a national treasure; Creation of an extensive forest reserve; Linkage of splintered fragments of forests to create wildlife corridors.
- WASHINGTON OUTLOOK. Gray, Gerry // American Forests;Autumn2000, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p17
Offers a look at several legislations passed in the United States Congress concerning forests and forestry as of Autumn 2000. Objectives of the roadless area proposal from the Forest Service; Conservation and Reinvestment Act which will provide funding for federal land acquisition and...
- NWF supports northern forests protection bill. // International Wildlife;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p9
Reports on the National Wildlife Federations' (NWF) support of a Senate bill protecting forests and wildlife in the Northern Forest that stretches across four northeastern states. Provisions under Northern Forest Stewardship Act; Support of legislation by the Northern Forest Lands Council.
- Amazon ruling due. // New Scientist;5/28/2011, Vol. 210 Issue 2814, p4
The article reports that Brazil is debating whether it should change it rules on forest conservation. This comes after a spike in deforestation has impacted the rain forest surrounding the Amazon River within Brazil. While a code exists that requires Brazilian farmers in the Amazon region to...