Pawlenty RFP Seen as Big Step Toward Twin Cities Stadiums
- Stadium Debate. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p43
Reports on the Minnesota Legislature's discussion about the plans of governor Tim Pawlenty to construct stadiums for the Minnesota Twins and Vikings sports teams. Pawlenty's proposal to increase tax; Use of the tax increment to repay bonds issued for the projects; Estimated budget allocated to...
- Twins Bill Signed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p39
The article reports that Governor Tim Pawlenty signed a legislation, which allocates fund for certain construction projects in Minnesota. It allows $500 million for a ballpark for the Minnesota Twins and $248 million for the construction of football stadium for the University of Minnesota...
- Minnesota Lawmakers Set to Pass $1B Budget, But Pawlenty's OK Uncertain. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/23/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33270, p4
The article reports that Minnesota Tim Pawlenty is uncertain about the 1 billion U.S. dollars capital bonding bill set to pass by the Legilature on February 22, 2010.
- Minnesota's Pawlenty to Cut, Sign Bond Bill. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;3/15/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33281, p4
The article focuses on the anticipated approval by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty the one billion dollar capital spending bill in March 2010.
- MINNESOTA: Pawlenty Vetoes Bond Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/9/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32625, p9
The article reports that Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty has vetoed on the $334 million capital bonding bill approved by lawmakers. The Governor has called on the Legislature to pass one that is more reasonable and responsible and in line with his $71 million proposal submitted earlier in 2007....
- Minnesota's Pawlenty Presents $815M Capital Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/19/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33251, p3
The article reports on the unveiling of the 815 million dollar capital budget by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty. It states that the capital budget is relying on 685 million dollars on general fund-supported bonding. According to Pawlenty, the bonding bill will address important state needs such...
- Minnesota Gov.'s Budget Plan Eliminates $700M Deficit. // Bond Buyer;1/26/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32057, p36
This article reports that Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty unveiled a $49 billion biennial budget for fiscal 2006-07 that eliminates a $700 million deficit through cuts and new revenue from expanded gaming and the extension of expiring taxes on vehicle rentals and liquor. The budget does not rely...
- Minnesota Governor Ready to Sign $1 Billion Capital Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32107, p3
Reports that Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty is scheduled to sign a bond-financed capital spending bill. Approval of the bill by the Legislature; Views of state debt manager Peter Sausen regarding importance of the bill; Provision of the proposed bill.
- Minnesota Leaders Question Stadium Session Ground Rules. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p4
Reports that legislative leaders in Minnesota expressed doubt if their members would agree to the stadium session ground rules laid out by Governor Tim Pawlenty. Requirements in conducting a special session; Limits to the agenda of the session; Statement of Republican House Speaker Steve Sviggum...