Bresnan to Take Over Boston District Office
- SEC's Bresnan Promoted to Deputy Chief. // Bond Buyer;11/6/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31259, p6
Reports on an announcement made by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission regarding the promotion of Peter H. Bresnan to the post of deputy chief litigation counsel. Professional background of Bresnan; Reasons for Bresnan's promotion.
- Sixteen Commandments for Corporate Directors. Donnell, John D. // Business Horizons;Feb76, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p45
Contrary to the impression one is likely to gain from reading articles (including this one) on director liability in the business press, being a director is not as dangerous to one's financial health as a prolonged stint at the gaming tables at Las Vegas. Outside directors are sued with much...
- SEC Forum to Focus On Fund Directors. Winokur, Cheryl // American Banker;10/11/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 195, p20
Reports on the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's holding of an open meeting on October 13, 1999 to discuss proposals prepared by Paul Roye, the director of the agency's investment management division. Plan to craft rules to strengthen the role of outside directors on boards at...
- The SEC Wants Your ResumÃ©. Cunningham, Jeffrey M. // NACD Directorship;Apr/May2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p80
The author criticizes the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for requiring to revise disclosure to discuss the specific experience in order for a person to serve as a director.
- SEC Promotes Adler to Deputy Chief Counsel. // Money Management Executive;9/6/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p4
Mark A. Adler, a Harvard law graduate with experience in both the private and public sectors of the law and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) assistant chief litigation counsel since 1997, has been promoted to the title of deputy chief litigation counsel for the...
- SEC Names Director for Public Affairs Office. // Bond Buyer;10/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31253, p5
Reports on appointment of Michael W. Robinson as director of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Office of Public Affairs, Policy Evaluation, and Research. Educational background of Robinson; Career background of Robinson.
- SEC urged to study impact of divided boards. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 13 Issue 77, p29
Reports that John Wilcox of Georgeson & Co. Inc. has proposed that the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) conduct a study of corporate boards to examine the impact of an increase in divided boards on efficiency and competitiveness of businesses in the United States. Provision in the SEC's...
- Roundtable dinosaurs defend their buddy boards. Miller, Paul B. W.; Bahnson, Paul R. // Accounting Today;11/24/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p14
Focuses on the selection process for corporate directors in the U.S. Scrutiny of the process by the press and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC); Call for the SEC to adopt rules that would provide security holders with greater access to the nomination process; Remarks from SEC...
- Limiting liability of directors in connection with periodic filings. Older, Stephen E.; Adee, Ronald R. // NACD Directorship;Oct99, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p6
Deals with the proposals of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) concerning the disclosure of documents by corporate directors. Recommendations of the Blue Ribbon Committee formed by the New York Stock Exchange and the National Association of Securities Dealers;...