Battle Over Banning Internet Access Tax Looms in Senate
- Govt to Levy 8% Uniform License Fee on ISPs. // Voice & Data;Sep2012, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p22
The article reports on the plan of Indian Government to levy 8% uniform license fee of adjusted gross revenue (AGR) on all Internet service providers to ensure transparency and simplicity.
- A waste of good brainpower. Bradner, Scott // Network World;04/26/99, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p28
Critiques an article by Rob Frieden arguing that Internet service providers should pay into a universal service fund (USF), published in `The Virginia Journal of Law and Technology.' Explanation of the USF in telephone service provision; Frieden's lack of understanding about how the Internet...
- More taxes anyway you cut them. Steinert-Threkeld, Tom // Inter@ctive Week;11/18/96, Vol. 3 Issue 26, p24
Opinion. Comments on the efforts of the Interactive Services Association to push off taxation on online and Internet service providers (ISPs) by framing debate across the United States. Calls made for uniform definitions and uniform rates for the services to be adopted by all states; Terms of...
- Should We Tax Content Providers to Fund Broadband Build-out? NEWMAN, NATHAN // Progressive Populist;3/1/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p20
The article focuses on the question of laying tax on internet service providers such as Netflix, Google, and Facebook to obtain funds in order to support the infrastructure to provide broadband.
- Hungary to tax internet content providers. // Hungary A.M.;8/6/2014, p1
The article reports that Hungarian State Secretary LÃ¡aszlÃ³o L. Simon has ordered providers of Internet content to pay advertising taxes in August 2014.
- Varga: New tax on internet; other sectoral taxes stay. // Hungary A.M.;10/22/2014, p1
The article reports about that Hungarian Economics Minister MihÃ¡ly Varga has announced that additional taxes levied on internet service providers, and taxes for banking sector and telecom companies are said to remain steady.
- Internet tax will backfire, ISPs warned. // Hungary A.M.;10/31/2014, p5
The article discusses the internet service providers' letter stating concern over internet tax proposed by Hungarian government.
- 100,000 march against Internet tax plan. // Budapest Business Journal;10/31/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p05
The article reports on a demonstration staged by about 100,000 people against the plan of the government of Hungary to tax Internet service providers in the country, held on October 28, 2014.
- Internet services from sales tax in Punjab. // Technology Times;12/7/2015, Vol. 6 Issue 49, p4
The article reports on the move of the government of Punjab, Pakistan to exclude the internet services from the sales tax following the amendments made by the Finance Department in the Punjab Sales Tax on Service Act 2012.