Fitch: Special-Facility Air Investors to Seek Default Safeguards
- Huge growth in investment funds by private investors. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr99, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the investments of private investors in investment funds on the Irish market in 1998. Growth of the Irish savings market; Comparison of investments in 1997.
- Can the brave new world continue? Selth, Chris // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct99, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p5
Discusses the international prospects for New Zealand investors as of October 1999. Factors that can pull back the international equity markets; Key to extracting superior equity returns in the brave new world brought about by information technologies; Impact of the development of the railroad...
- Slammed and Shattered. Richards, Dan // Financial Planning;Nov2002, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p107
Comments on the decline in investor confidence in the fundamental fairness of markets and the integrity of their financial advisers. Factors which have contributed to the situation; Reasons financial advisers are denying the decline in their relationship with clients.
- Targeting the HNW. Karasik, Paul // On Wall Street;Aug2002, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p77
Discusses several issues related to marketing to high-net-worth investors. Three segments into which financial services market can be divided; Benefits of high-net-worth market; Guidelines related to marketing to high-net-worth investors.
- The View from the Front. Jamieson, Dan // On Wall Street;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p44
Explores what is the outlook for a turnaround in investor psychology and broker psychology. One reason for the loss of confidence in brokers; Brokers' struggle with being human; Lessons brokers learned from tough times. INSET: Painful Lessons.
- Forget the rand--protect yourself against the dollar. de Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;04/06/2001, p60
Discusses options available to South African investors seeking to protect themselves against a weak rand and a strong dollar. Difficulties in buying dollars and investing in local unit trusts with dollar assets; Downside of acquiring shares in a company that earns income mainly in the strong...
- Perceptions deter investment. van Zyl, Johann // Finance Week;12/14/2001, p36
Focuses on the influence of corruption in the decision to invest in South Africa. Surveillance determining the prevalence of corruption in the country; Hesitation among investors to prefer the country as investment destination; Perception regarding the impact of corruption to the economic...
- Wary of going offshore. // Finance Week;4/5/2002, p42
Reports on the correlation among retired investors between the awareness and the use of offshore investments in South Africa. Percentage of retirees investing in offshore unit trusts; Explanation of the anomaly; Importance of the maintenance of financial independence; Concerns of investors on...
- Swing to personal allowances. // Finance Week;4/5/2002, p44
Reports on the shift of investors from rand-based foreign investment products to using individual foreign exchange allowances in South Africa. Advantages of asset swaps; Adoption of the Sage Group of an international strategy for local clients; Offer of products to investors in the R750 000 market.
- Don't do it. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;1/31/2003, p41
Focuses on the declining offshore investments of the capitalists and financiers in South Africa. Assessment of the global financial markets; Failure of translating a rand debit order to a foreign currency investment; Value of personal forex allowance.