- PIANY Updated Report Finds Contractors Face More Severe Market Woes, Higher Premiums. // Insurance Advocate;4/22/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 15, p18
Deals with the difficulty being experienced by New York businesses in obtaining insurance according to the Professional Insurance Agents of New York State Incorporated.
- 7 reasons why insurance isn't enough. Clark, Celia R.; Mandell, David B. // Fairfield County Business Journal;02/28/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p13
Discusses the reasons why insurance does not provide adequate security to businesses. Denial of coverage; Failure of coverage to account for the ways a company can be sued; Inadequate limits of the policy; Reliance on insurance to defend lawsuits.
- Mend your broker. Bartram, Peter // Director;Mar2001, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on the insurance coverage for small and medium-sized enterprises in Great Britain. Areas to consider when buying an insurance; Typical amount charged by a Gibbs Laidler full insurance review.
- Biz insurance: an evolving realm. Lamb, Rose-Robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/28/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 30, p23A
Focuses on changes in business insurance policies caused by the growing complexity of businesses in Long Island, New York. Development of policies covering Internet hackers, failed mergers and personal liability; Impact New York state's decision to cut workers' compensation rates; Business...
- Even at start-up time, insurable risks abound. Casey, Paul // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;11/27/95, Vol. 9 Issue 24, Small biz p12
Focuses on the importance of insurance coverage to start-up business enterprises in the United States. Potential business liabilities covered by insurance; Protection offered by the incorporation of business; Types of insurance for business.
- Time to take a little risk? Gray, Annie // NZ Business;Sep2001, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the need of commercial insurance by small to medium enterprises (SME) in New Zealand. Increase in commercial insurance costs; Failure of SME in dealing with trade credit exposure; Importance of software insurance in risk management considerations and procedures of the company. ...
- Institute: Most Companies Have Cyber Risk Insurance Gaps. Ha, Michael // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;9/8/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 36, p11
Presents the result of a study conducted by the Insurance Information Institute regarding the high risk of companies to cyber attacks in the U.S. Awareness of several companies of the specific insurance policy that covers cyber risks; Extent of damage caused by cyberterrorism; Impact of...
- Potential in marketing insurance to minority-owned businesses identified in Conning & Company study. // Insurance Advocate;06/14/97, Vol. 108 Issue 24, p8
Discusses the reasons why commercial insurers should market to minority-owned businesses as highlighted in the study `Strategic Customer Segmentation--The Patchwork Quilt of Minority-Owned Businesses' by Conning & Co. Business potential with ethnic minority market; Uniqueness of each market;...
- NI start-up deal labelled unfair to South-east. // Money Marketing;7/1/2010, p21
The article reports that the National Insurance (NI) exemptions for new start-up deals are labelled unfair to businesses and entreprenuers in the Southeast England because they could not get the same incentives as those people they will be competing with for work in the North.