- RETAIL. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/10/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 43, p48
Presents statistics of the business underwriting volume in the retail industry as of November 5, 2003. Company names; Price range; Highs and lows.
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/10/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 43, p52
Presents statistics of the business underwriting volume in the telecommunication industry as of November 5, 2003. Company names; Price range; Highs and lows.
- Canadian companies share pandemic plans. Gonzalez, Gloria // Business Insurance;8/7/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p25
This article reports on the need for Canadian companies to take the initiative to prepare for a possible pandemic, such as an avian flu outbreak. According to a survey by the Conference Board of Canada, only 4 percent of Canadian organizations have developed concrete plans to deal with such an...
- PIANY Updated Report Finds Contractors Face More Severe Market Woes, Higher Premiums. // Insurance Advocate;4/22/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 15, p18
Deals with the difficulty being experienced by New York businesses in obtaining insurance according to the Professional Insurance Agents of New York State Incorporated.
- 7 reasons why insurance isn't enough. Clark, Celia R.; Mandell, David B. // Fairfield County Business Journal;02/28/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p13
Discusses the reasons why insurance does not provide adequate security to businesses. Denial of coverage; Failure of coverage to account for the ways a company can be sued; Inadequate limits of the policy; Reliance on insurance to defend lawsuits.
- Mend your broker. Bartram, Peter // Director;Mar2001, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on the insurance coverage for small and medium-sized enterprises in Great Britain. Areas to consider when buying an insurance; Typical amount charged by a Gibbs Laidler full insurance review.
- Biz insurance: an evolving realm. Lamb, Rose-Robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/28/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 30, p23A
Focuses on changes in business insurance policies caused by the growing complexity of businesses in Long Island, New York. Development of policies covering Internet hackers, failed mergers and personal liability; Impact New York state's decision to cut workers' compensation rates; Business...
- Industry proves it's not above fray. Winston, Paul // Business Insurance;3/14/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p6
The article informs that a few short years ago, as repeated corporate governance and fraud scandals rocked the corporate landscape, few industry analysts expected the insurance industry could be similarly tainted by the disclosure of shady practices and uncompetitive dealings. While the broader...
- Asset protection: valuing business insurance. Gibson, Bede // Money Management;11/17/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p60
Discusses the concept of business insurance in the financial services industry in Australia. Protection of the business against personal events that may jeopardize its viability; Detail of the advantages of the advisers and financial services companies on buying and selling an insurance...