- Business investment and plans. // Economic Indicators;Nov95, p10
Presents a tabulation of business investment and plans in the United States from 1993 to 1995. Period; Total expenditures; Mining and construction; Manufacturing; Transportation; Communications; Utilities; Wholesale and retail trade; Finance, insurance and real estate; Services; Serving...
- HIGH YIELD GAINERS & LOSERS. // High Yield Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p5
Presents a chart depicting the high yield investments of business enterprises.
- Angels watch over successful startups, panel says. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p2
Focuses on a panel of investment professionals in New Rochelle, New York's advice to entrepreneurs on how to improve their chances of attracting angel investors. Pursuing solid growth plans; Common mistakes of entrepreneurs; Reasons why early stage companies failed to obtain angel capital.
- Debt service, financing constraints, and fixed investment: evidence from panel data. Ndikumana, Leonce // Journal of Post Keynesian Economics;Spring99, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p455
Presents a study on the relevance of the financial structure of a firm to the firm's operational decisions. Evidence on finance and investment; Flow and stock measures of leverage; Estimation method; Cash flow effects.
- SEASONED EQUITY ISSUES A CHANGE IN TREND. Barnes, Edel // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2002, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the financing decisions for the operations and investment activities of companies in Ireland. Problems of unequal information and accurate pricing; Impact of the announcement of share issue on share prices; Reluctance of companies to take financing route.
- Firms hail less cumbersome business support schemes. // Professional Engineering;11/27/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p4
Reports on a single funding system for businesses and corporations in Great Britain. Business support schemes; Support for innovation, investment and training; Strategies for the allocation of funds among corporations.
- A lending niche helps small firms. Pryde, Joan // Nation's Business;Feb98, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p52
Reports on how Tom Stumb got enough investor backing for his company Potomac Group Inc. to receiving a bank loan. Use of SBICs, private companies licensed by the United States Small Business Administration to provide debt and equity financing to start or expand small companies; How a business...
- Entry minimum differs among mutual funds. Chamberlin, George // San Diego Business Journal;05/17/99, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p53
Presents answers to queries related to investments and business finance. Investing in a mutual fund with limited money; Suggestions when investing overseas.
- BES results. Greene, Chris; Gable, Sonia // Accountancy;Jan1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1109, p39
Reports on the British Chancellor of the Exchequer's announcement of revised figures for investment under the Business Expansion Scheme in 1983/84. Total value of investments raised by hundreds of companies under the scheme.
- How to build a bridge to where you want to go. Wojtowicz, Jean // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/27/98, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p42A
Offers advice on investing in a company where the investor lacks experience in the industry. Problems the working capital needed to operate the business but denied by bankers; Offering a guarantee that has a break-away feature allowing the investor to withdraw it once a certain point is reached.