PLAYING THE WIRES
- Compression Rule Lingers. // Securities Industry News;4/30/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p3
The article reports on the status of a proposal by the National Securities Clearing Corp. (NSCC) that would eliminate trade compression sits within the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) staff. It says that the company views compression a business continuity risk. Also mentioned are...
- ATD: Faith in the Intelligent Machine. Jaworski, Alexa // Securities Industry News;5/16/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p22
Profiles Automated Trading Desk (ATD), provider of automated trade execution services in South Carolina. Background of the company's establishment; Distinction of ATD from its competitors; Market share in Nasdaq's daily order volume.
- Automated Trading Desk. // Traders Magazine;Dec2005, Vol. 18 Issue 247, p46
The article presents information on the proceedings of the 4th Annual Customer Event and Oyster Roast conference of Automated Trading Desk Inc., held during November 4-6, 2004 in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. The purpose of this conference was to engage all of the partners of Automated Trading...
- Compression Ban Is On Hold. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;6/19/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the delay in the implementation of the proposed elimination of trade compression by National Securities Clearing Corp. Position of Automated Trading Desk and Knight Capital Group on the proposal; Effect of the proposal on clearing services and trade comparison; Remarks from Adam...
- Hyper-aggressive day trading firm wants to take on third market giants. Wipperfurth, Heike // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/25/99, Vol. 65 Issue 42, p11
Reports on Charleston, South Carolina-based electronic trading firm Automated Trading Desk Inc.'s plan to become an electronic market maker. Rise in the company's trading revenues; Development of a computer software for the venture; Plan to focus on proprietary trading.
- Adventures in Paradise. Wexler, Sanford // Traders Magazine;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 167, p28
Features the life style of David Whitcomb, educator and chief executive officer. Business transactions of the Automated Trading Desk (ATD), the company founded by Whitcomb; How Whitcomb conceptualized an electronically-based mathematical models for trading securities limit orders; Profits of ATD.
- A Market Making Alternative. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 206, p62
Considers the possibility of replacing human traders with an expert system by citing the case of Automated Trading Desk (ATD), a shop in which computers do most of the trading. Integration of ATD's expert management into the order management system of the Chicago Securities Group; ATD...
- Automated Trading Desk. // Traders Magazine;Dec2006, Vol. 19 Issue 261, p56
Information about the Annual Customer Event and Oyster Roast hosted by the Automated Trading Desk Inc. (ATD), held on November 3-5, 2006 in Mount Pleasant and Wild Dunes Island Resort, South Carolina is presented. The guests of the event had experienced a leadership discussion, relaxing and...
- People in the News. // Securities Industry News;4/3/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p3
Announces the selection of Dan Keegan as head of the institutional business of Automated Trading Desk of Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. Career background of Keegan; Positions previously held in JP Morgan Securities and other financial institutions; Responsibilities the position require.