ENERGY & POWER
- Atlas, Reliance Map out JV Deal. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/19/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p17
The article reports on the decision of Atlas Energy in Pennsylvania to accept an investment from the Indian energy company Reliance Industries.
- Saudi Arabia courts foreign investment again after 30-year gap. // Power Economics;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p13
Reports that Saudi Arabia has opened its doors to the international energy community. Outline of the details of the bidding process for international energy companies in its gas sector; Availability of Kingdom's eastern province for investment; Agreement over Saudi natural gas supplies with...
- US power grid: UK firms look to plug the investment gap. // MarketWatch: Energy;October 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the plans of British companies to invest $2 billion in the U.S. power grid through 2007. Plans to increase level of investment in U.S. transmission system; Factors contributing to October 2003 blackout; Amount of investment needed to keep growth capacity in line with growth in demand.
- News in brief. // International Power Generation;May99 Supplement, Vol. 22, p7
Reports global developments related to the energy industries as of May 1999. Tests done by AECL on the use of plutonium from surplus nuclear warheads as fuel; Purchase of Contact Energy by Edison Mission Energy; Invitation to bid by the public Power Corporation; Plans to build an electricity...
- NEWS in BRIEF. // International Power Generation;Apr2000, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p7
Provides international updates on energy industries as of April 2000. Includes partnership between ABB and Investor to create an incubator fund for electronic commerce companies; Receipt of FLS Milj and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries of a contract to supply a turnkey flue-gas desulphurization plant...
- OUT OF CALIFORNIA. Bryce, Robert // Interactive Week;3/5/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p28
Reports on the effects of energy crisis on businesses in California. Expansion of companies outside California; Concerns on the business prospects of investing in real estate; Plans of small business owners to move out of the state.
- Utility Services. // Crain's New York Business;11/12/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p34
The article lists some companies that provide energy-related assistance, which include Consolidated Edison Co. of New York Inc., KeySpan Corp., and New York City Department of Small Business Services.
- Power sector dominates. // Economic Review (05318955);Dec96, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p31
Reports on Pakistan power sector's dominance of the list of top 100 companies according to net worth in 1995. Sector-wise position of the top 100 companies; Paid-up capital; Free reserves and surplus; New worth; Number of top 100 companies in each sector.
- Spain to take second spot in switch league. // Utility Week;1/31/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the number of residential customers in Spain's competitive energy market that will have switched supplier by 2007, according to research from Datamonitor company. Contribution of market consolidation; Importance of dual fuel; Dominance of foreign-owned energy companies in the market.