Taking a Private Equity Pay Cut
- A Returns-Based Style Analysis Examination of Asset Classes. Mayes, Timothy R.; Jay, Nancy R.; Thurston, Robin // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p94
Presents information on a study which examined the consistency of the classification of mutual fund objectives compared with those derived by returns-based style analysis and multiple discriminant analysis. Background of returns-based style analysis; Details on other researches on the use of...
- DREYFUS APPRECIATION. Pachetti, Nick // Money;
Examines the investing firm Dreyfus Appreciation. Its focus on blue-chip megacaps; Belief of managers in long-term revenue and earnings growth; Investments in global market leaders, including Philip Morris, General Electric, and Coca-Cola; Positive expectations from pharmaceuticals; How their...
- Don't live dangerously. Kok, Leon // Finance Week;01/28/2000, p67
Focuses on unit trust investments in South Africa. Trends in the mutual funds market; Performance of selected unit trusts; Factors affecting long-term performance; Long-term investors' need to compare returns and mangers over the longest feasible period.
- 'Fund manager success down to style, not skill' Speedy, Sonia // Money Marketing;6/19/2003, p16
Reports on the results of a survey on the factors affecting mutual fund returns. Comparison of investment style across the U.S., Great Britain and European equity markets; Establishment of fund managers' style bias; Suggested building of a portfolio with diverse styles.
- New high return gilt fund from Midland Drayton. // Accountancy;Jul1979, Vol. 90 Issue 1031, p33
The article focuses on the Midland Drayton Gilt Fund, an open-ended fund in Jersey, Channel Islands, whose main purpose is to obtain a high return by investing in sterling fixed interest investments. It discusses the similarity of the fund's operation with a unit trust. The fund may issue and...
- THE TOP 10 FUNDS OVER FIVE AND THREE YEARS. // Money Marketing;10/30/2003, p76
Highlights the top mutual funds over fiver and three years between 1998-2003. Rathbone Special Situations; GAM UK Diversified A; Legg Mason Japan Equity.
- Big Ain't So Bad After All... // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p20
In the Lipper Inc. study 'Does Fund Size Affect Performance?', Lipper analyzed performance data for mutual funds in several asset categories and styles for one-, three-, five- and ten-year periods from 1991-2001. The study did not find any significant difference in gross, net or risk-adjusted...
- Did you Chase Last Year's Winners? Temple, Robert L. // Clergy Journal;Jul2001, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p24
Discusses the dangers of investing in the high-performing fund of previous years. Results of an analysis conducted by the Leuthold Group Institutional Research in 2000; Information on mutual fund investments; Performance of the Strong Enterprise Fund and the Fidelity Aggressive Growth Fund in 1999.
- Simply surreal The unreal world of real return funds. Harris, Shaun // Finweek;2/5/2009, p63
The author reflects on the two unit trust funds in South Africa in which one provides a 16,2% positive return and the other one provides a 26,7% negative return. He analyzed that these two funds are meant to provide investors with a return a few percentage points above inflation. He also...
- Pencils out, fund investors! Here's an important pop quiz. Jaffe, Charles A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/27/98, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p15
Presents a quiz on some of the basic concepts every fund investor should know. Resignation of a mutual fund portfolio manager; Diversified mutual fund investment; Holding of a shareholders' meeting.