Lowering Blue Cross Acquisition Costs
- Anthem left little to chance in pitching its mega-merger. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p4
Focuses on the proposed merger between Anthem Inc. and WellPoint Health Networks Inc. Terms and conditions of the deal; Efforts of the companies' executives to secure Wall Street support.
- Anthem deal details revealed. Murphy, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the details of the merger between Indianapolis, Indiana-based companies Anthem Inc. and WellPoint Health Networks Inc. Payments to consultants Goldman Sachs and Lehman Brothers; Behind the scenes costs of the deals; Value of cash-stock deal.
- Anthem, WellPoint seal deal. Murphy, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p3
Announces the merger of Anthem Inc. and WellPoint Health Networks Inc. in Indiana. Number of U.S. states the merger will operate Blue Cross Blue Shield plans in; Challenges faced by the merger when they were trying to get approval in the states they plan to do business; Date when the new sign...
- Anthem merger bad for consumers. Boyer, Brian // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p14A
Comments on the issue regarding the failed merger between Anthem Inc. and WellPoint Health Networks Inc. Criticism against the limited options of Anthem in pursuing business growth; Support for the decision of the California insurance commissioner to reject the merger due to concerns of...
- Area deals reach new pinnacle. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/24/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p19
Reports on local merger and acquisition records in Indianapolis, Indian, focusing on Anthem Inc.'s acquisition of Wellpoint Health Networks Inc. Factors contributing to the merger and acquisition activities; Increase in real estate deals; Prevalence of national merger and acquisition funds;...
- Business News In Brief. // Las Vegas Business Press;11/3/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p4
Reports developments related to the business climate in Las Vegas, Nevada. State Treasurer Brian K. Krolicki's meeting with Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman William Donaldson to follow-up on corporate governance issues; Acquisition of the health insurance giant Anthem Inc. to one of...
- ISS backs Anthem-WellPoint deal. // Modern Healthcare;6/21/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the support of Institutional Shareholder Services for the merger of Anthem and WellPoint Health Networks. Institutional investors opposing the merger; Impact of the deal on shareholders.
- Junk Investors Eye Anthem's Deal. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/3/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 42, p9
Discusses the impact of the merger between Anthem Inc. and WellPoint Health Networks Inc. on the junk bond market. Value of the deal; Value of the bond offering associated with the deal; Demand among junk bond buyers; Performance of the high yield bond.
- At Last, M&A Payday Is Here. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/3/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 42, p11
Discusses the merger and acquisition activities in the U.S. Merger between Bank of America Corp. and FleetBoston Financial Corp.; Acquisition of WellPoint Health Networks Inc. by Anthem Inc.; Beneficiaries of the merger and acquisition deals.