Instinet/Nasdaq Link: More Evidence of Future Merger?
- TOP TECH DEALS. // Bank Technology News;May2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p12
Reports developments related to consolidation and merger of technology companies in the U.S. Confirmation of Nasdaq Market System on its acquisition of Instinet Corp.; Plan of the New York Stock Exchange to merge with Archipelago LLC; Acquisition of MBNA Corp. by Nexstar Inc., a business process...
- Instinet Steps Up Attack on Nasdaq's Super ECN. Hendrickson, Mark // Securities Industry News;09/18/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p1
Reports that Instinet Corp. is criticizing Nasdaq Stock Market Inc.'s proposed SuperMontage securities order display and collection facility in the United States. Alterations proposed by Instinet to Nasdaq's planned securities order display and collection facility; Other industry players that...
- ETFs Key to Nasdaq-Instinet Rivalry. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;10/21/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p1
Reports that the highly liquid securities, exchange-traded `funds (ETF) could become an important factor in the battle of the execution powerhouses Nasdaq and Instinet Corp. Dilemma faced by the firm Island, which was acquired by Instinet; Future plans of Nasdaq; Opportunities offered by ETF...
- Instinet Pumps Up For SuperMontage. Bruno, Mark // Bank Technology News;Jul2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the competition between Nasdaq Market System and Instinet Corp. Nasdaq's loss of business to electronic stock markets called electronic communication networks (ECN); Introduction of the SuperMontage order and execution system to beat the competition; Instinet's acquisition of the ECN...
- Nasdaq's share of Europe. // Accountancy;May2001, Vol. 127 Issue 1293, p60
Reports plans of Nasdaq to acquire Easdaq, an electronic market in Brussels, Belgium. Retention of Knight Trading Corp. as a strategic investor in Nasdaq Europe; Impact of the acquisition on the expansion of Nasdaq in Europe; Background of Nasdaq.
- NASDAQ abandons NYSE bid after threat of lawsuit. Wasson, Erik // Hill;5/17/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 66, p12
The article reports that the U.S. antitrust authorities have rejected the takeover of the New York Stock Exchange by its rival the NASDAQ market.
- Investors welcome merger of markets. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;3/23/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p6
Reports that money managers will receive lower trading costs when the Nasdaq Stock Market and the American Stock Exchange merger. Prediction of the time this change will occur; Reason institutional investors are excited about the possible merger; Views of Roland Machold, director of the New...
- S&P 500 Stalls At Resistance. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/21/2015, pA01
1 Earnings, mergers and a rising dollar framed the session. The Nasdaq rose 0.2%, the S&P 500 even less, sticking below resistance at its May 20 high as mining and natgas issues lagged.
- Instinet Allows in The Competition. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Dec2001, Vol. 14 Issue 190, p56
Reports on the changes in the access strategy of Instinet when it acquired ProTrader. Details on the decision by Instinet to permit its customers to access its services through intermediaries; History of the company in the trading industry; Cost of the acquisition of ProTrader. INSET: Basket...