Kellogg, Former Specialist, Hit With Trading Violations
- NYSE Specialists. // Traders Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 13 Issue 175, p8
Reports on the mergers among New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) specialist firms. Impact of the mergers on the number of NYSE specialists; Rumor on the potential purchase of Benjamin Jacobson and Sons by Spear, Leeds and Kellogg; Plans of Susquehanna Specialists to acquire Lyden, Dolan, Nick and...
- Stakes Raised Amidst A Wave of ECN Deals. // Traders Magazine;Aug99, Vol. 12 Issue 156, p20
Discusses the joint venture of Charles Schwab, Fidelity Investments, Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette, and Spear, Leeds & Kellogg in the United States (US). Details on the shares of REDIbook; Plan of Instinet to register as a stock exchange with the US Securities Exchange Commission; Features of...
- Two top managers passing baton at Spear, Leeds & Kellogg. Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/20/97, Vol. 63 Issue 42, p5
Reports on New York-based Spear Leeds & Kellogg managers Peter Kellogg and Harvey Silverman's transfer of the management responsibility to Andrew Cader and Gary Goldring. Specific duties and responsibilities to be performed by Cader and Goldring in the firm; Achievements of Kellogg and...
- Spear Leeds buys Amex seats, sending dissidents a message. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/22/98, Vol. 64 Issue 25, p15
Reports on the meeting held by the Spear Leed and Kellogg companies before the purchase of 17 seats from a dissident member in the United States Stock Exchange. Circumstances surrounding the meeting; Attendees of the meeting; Who was not invited to the meeting; Information on Speer Leeds;...
- Spear Leeds plans to spin off its RediBook ECN to brokerages. Wipperfurth, Heike // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/18/99, Vol. 65 Issue 41, p3
Reports on the plan of Spear Leeds & Kellogg to spin-off its RediBook electronic communications network into a stand-alone entity. Co-ownership by retail discount brokerages of the trading system; Interested brokers of RediBook; Advantages of RediBook; Trading of RediBook stocks.
- SLK Grows. // Traders Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 13 Issue 168, p6
Reports on the hiring of stock trading professionals by Spear Leeds and Kellogg (SLK). Factors driving the need for trading professionals; Number of equity traders hired by SLK for its operation in New Jersey; Increase in the number of trading professionals of SLK at its office in London, England.
- Spear Leeds Taps Private Placement Market. Hahn, Tamar // Private Placement Letter;06/07/99, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p1
Reports that Banc of America Securities is in the market with a deal for Spear, Leeds & Kellogg LLC. Maturity of the senior subordinated regulatory capital notes; Price of the notes in each bullet tranche; Number of companies served by Spear, Leeds & Kellogg.
- Spear Leeds Eyes 2000 Release for Trading System. Malyszko, Mark // Securities Industry News;08/23/99, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p10
Reports that New York City-based securities trading firm Spear Leeds & Kellogg is planning to launch EagleTrader, an electronic trading system in the year 2000. Features and functionalities of EagleTrader; Number of trades per day expected to be handled by the electronic trading system.
- Spear Leeds Rolling Out Trading Applications. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;06/18/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p70
Focuses on the electronic trading applications of Spear Leeds & Kellogg (SLK). Performance of beta-testing on RediXpress by SLK; Components of Redi interfaces; Impact of the acquisition of SLK by Goldman Sachs on the institutional market.