U. of Mo. Lowered
- State Saves on Bridges. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;5/21/2012, p9
The article reports on the impact of the triple-A bond ratings assigned by rating agencies Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. to the accelerated bridge program of Massachusetts on the overall borrowing costs.
- Maryland Agency Selling $100 Million for Johns Hopkins. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p33
Reports on plans of the Maryland Health and Higher Educational Facilities Authority to issue $100 million of revenue bonds on behalf of the Baltimore, Maryland based John Hopkins Hospital. Assessment of credit ratings of bonds; Information on the underwriter, financial advisor and the bond counsel.
- Moody's: Higher Education Outlook 'Cautiously Stable' Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p4
Reports that the creditworthiness of the higher education sector in the U.S. is stabilizing according to Moody's Investors Service Inc. Reasons for the recovery; Number of higher education institutions rated by Moody's; Statistics on higher education bond sales.
- California Higher Education On a Roll, Moody's Report Says. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/15/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32733, p33
The article focuses on the report released by Moody's Investors Service. It was released three days after the agency upgraded the credit of the University of California from Aa1 to Aa2 while retaining a positive outlook. Authored by Moody's associate analyst Margot Asher, the report states that...
- S&P Downgrades Tennessee Higher Education Bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/02/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31009, p6
Reports that the higher education bonds of the Tennessee State School Bond Authority have been downgraded by Standard & Poor's one week before it prepares to sell taxable and non-taxable bonds. Direct result of the state being downgraded; Standard & Poor's view of the state and the school bond...
- Southwest Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;04/13/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30618, p28
Presents news briefs related to municipal bonds in the United States, as of March 22, 1999. Includes Moody's Investors Service's upgrade of Douglas County, Colorado, School District RE-1's bonds; Effects of a bill the would restructure Kansas' higher education system on the Kansas Board of...
- HHEFA Debt Droppedto A1. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;12/27/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33439, p9
The article reports on the move of the Moody's Investors Service Inc. to downgrade 1.4 million dollars of Maine Health and Higher Educational Facilities Authority reserve funds to A1 from Aa3 due to the new rating methodology for pooled debt programs.
- Moody's Upgrades West Virginia Education Commission Ahead of Sale. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31946, p28
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded to A1 from A2 the college bond system of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission as the commission prepares for a multimillion-dollar revenue bond sale. Merger of the West Virginia State College System and the State University...
- Bond Rating: Beyond the Balance. Kurz, Kathy; Scannell, Jim // University Business;Jan2006, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p29
The article offers information on bond rating for colleges and universities in the U.S. Bond rating agencies consider enrollment trends, student composition, competition and student satisfaction in rating higher education institutions. But the criteria can vary for public and private...