Daley's O'Hare Dealings Spark Charges of Cronyism
- MIDSEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31596, p27
Presents information on bond market in the Middlewest. The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) in Chicago, Illinois has received an A rating from ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp. during the 3rd week of March 2003 on its 100 million dollar revenue bond sale, which will finance construction of a...
- Seeing signs of turbulence around Meigs. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;4/7/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p3
The article focuses around the turbulence created by the decision of Richard M. Danley, Mayor of Chicago, Illinois to close the Meigs runway at O'Hare International Airport. The decision is strongly objected by Mike Stokke who assists U.S. House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert. Danley has also...
- Meigs message: Don't mess with Mayor Daley. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/7/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p8
The article focuses on the decision of Richard M. Daley, Mayor of Chicago, Illinois to shutdown the Meigs runway at O'Hare International Airport. Daley had not discussed the decision with local business leaders, members of the convention and tourism trade and political allies. The decision will...
- Chicago's Daley Seeks $175 Million for Public Schools. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33300, p6
The article reports that Chicago Mayor Richard Daley seeks approval by the City Council to sell up to 175 million dollars of general obligation bonds in June 2010 to finance construction projects of public schools in the area.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31611, p31
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. Chicago mayor Richard Daley's proposed $6.6 billion expansion of O' Hare International Airport would do little to halt flight delays in the long run, according a city-commissioned study that was obtained by the Chicago Tribune....
- Bonds would figure big in Daley's $1 billion O'Hare terminal plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30573, p3
Discusses the plan of Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley to build two terminals at O'Hare International Airport aimed at improving the facility's international service. Estimated total cost of the project; Possible sources of funds; Daley's decision to seek public comment before finalizing any...
- A perfect landing for O'Hare military land. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/22/96, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p10
Opinion. Focuses on the plans of Chicago Mayor Richard Daley to develop a parcel of land near the O'Hare International Airport. Burgeoning northwest suburbs near the airport; Purchase of land from the US military; Economic forecasts for the development.
- Suburbs blur Daley's vision. Richardson, Patricia // Crain's Chicago Business;7/30/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p4
Reports the expansion plan on O'Hare International Airport by Mayor Richard M. Daley in Chicago, Illinois. Disagreement of residents on the plan; Comments of brokers and developers on the Mayor's plan; Creation of western airport entrance.
- Beyond O'Hare: mapping out a regional transit plan. Barrett, Marysue // Crain's Chicago Business;8/6/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p11
Focuses on the transportation development projects and the plan of Mayor Richard Daley for the expansion and reconfiguration of the runway of O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Impact of the projects on the economy of the area; Confirmation on the public support regarding the...