Treasury Proposals Ease Interest-Calculating Obligations
- Report suggests magic number for walking away from mortgages. Smith, Hubble // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/12/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 28, pP12
The article reports that the U.S. Treasury has suggested a way to help average homeowners settle their mortgages.
- Recast Mortgages. // California Real Estate;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p6
The article highlights the Keep Your Home California state-managed mortgage assistance program, which started recasting mortgages after its plan was approved by the U.S. Treasury.
- IN BRIEF. Ackerman, Andrew; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p2
The article reports on developments on topics related to the bond market in the U.S. New orders for durable goods, excluding semiconductors, decreased 4.8 percent in April 2006. Sales of new single-family homes had an increase of 4.9 percent in April 2006, rising to a 1.198 million seasonally...
- News in brief. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;01/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30803, p2
Reports on the developments in the United States economy as of January 7, 2000. Includes a decrease in the sales of single-family homes in November, 1999; Increase in the number of unemployment insurance claims; Plans of the US Treasury Department to sell securities; Rating of Brentwood,...
- State reports: Ohio. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p40
Reports on the available mortgage financing in Ohio for first-time home buyers under the fixed-rate Single Family Mortgage Revenue Bond Loan Program. Ohio Housing Finance Agency; Provisions; Interest rate.
- USDA increases housing loan limit for Hill County. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/28/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p9
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Department of Agriculture to increase the maximum home mortgage limits of its direct single family housing loan program.
- Fannie, Freddie Raise Loan Limits for '02. Fernandez, Tommy // American Banker;11/29/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 228, p20
Reports the increase in the maximum size of single-family mortgage loans by Fannie Mae Corp. and Freddie Mac in the United States. Claims of company officials on the increase; Increase in the national average home price; Percentage of the increase in loan limits.
- Treasury Considers Changes to Hamp. Hopkins, Cheyenne // American Banker;2/23/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 28, p20
This article reports that the United States Treasury Department is considering changes to its loan modification program. One change would include requiring lenders to delay foreclosures for 30 days if they have denied a modification request.
- 3 Hurdles for Anti-Predator Code. Heller, Michele // American Banker;4/16/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 72, p4
Reports the establishment of mortgage lenders and brokers practices by the Treasury Department in the U.S. Derivation of prepayment penalties in financial institutions; Increase of lenders adhering the mortgage practices; Issuance of mortgage securities with underwriting standards.