Montgomery County, Md., Weighs Rockville Redevelopment
- SOUND OFF: WHAT YOU SAID. Suchma, Gene // Central Penn Business Journal;11/4/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p28
The article focuses on the response of the journal's readers on whether the Harrisburg City Council of Pennsylvania should renew Lerta, the council's Local Economic Revitalization Tax Assistance program.
- New twist on an old atke: The shell game. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/25/99, Issue 322529, p34
Focuses on the economic development plan proposed by the city council of Fresno, California. Provisions under Agenda Item 3B included in the city council's economic development agenda; Suggestion for a public-private sector partnership to accomplish the goal of job creation and job training in...
- Councils skill share mulled. // Planning (14672073);6/25/2010, Issue 1874, p5
The article reports on the decision of South East England Councils (SEEC) to spend up to 500,000 pounds on staffing a central organization to co-ordinate work on planning, lobbying for economic development and infrastructure funds.
- The time for change is now. McCorkle, Sherman // New Mexico Business Journal;Jan98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, Governor's Business Advisory Council? p2
Focuses on the Quality Jobs for New Mexico agenda of the Governor's Business Advisory Council (GBAC) and the New Mexico Economic Vitality Council. Four key areas of the agenda; Discussion about the progress made in the plight to achieve the agenda of the council.
- Cedar Rapids' goal is obvious. // Corridor Business Journal;7/22/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 52, p20
The article comments on the implementation of goal of Cedar Rapids First by the U.S.-based Cedar Rapids City Council aimed at economic development, viable regional administration and Cedar Rapids being the first priority.
- Manchester-Boston Airport: hypocrisy in action. Walters, John // New Hampshire Business Review;4/28/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p20
The article comments on the decision by the Manchester City Council to rename the local airport as the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport in New Hampshire in 2006. Key issues discussed include the effects of the state's proximity of Massachusetts on its attractiveness as a location for...
- One council's agenda for economic change. // American City & County;Mar1996, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the economic change efforts of the Warrentown Town Council in Warrentown, Virginia. Includes the funding of the town's tax base expansion program; Development of policies to address the allocation of utilities; Determination of proper land use; Creation of the Warrentown Business Park.
- Visalia City Council votes to extend its EDC membership. Fujimoto // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/11/99, Issue 322523, p4
Reports on the extension of the Economic Development Corp. (EDC) membership of Visalia City Council. Membership payments of the city council; Concerns with the membership in the EDC.
- Council approves EDC expenditures. Slaton, Russell // Malakoff News (TX);7/18/2014, Vol. 105 Issue 29, p10
The article reports on the approval of the Malakoff City Council in Texas of the requests of the board of the Malakoff Economic Development Corp. (EDC) to spend EDC funds, which include funding to for an extension of Jake's Skate Park, for the local Dad's Club, and to Rachel's Bakery and Cafe.